Job: Senior Scientist, Protein Engineering, Life Edit Therapeutics, Research Triangle Park, NC
We are looking for an experienced scientist with a strong background in protein engineering to help expand our therapeutic capabilities and continue to improve our technology discovery platform. We are seeking curious, enthusiastic, competent, and self-motivated individuals to work in our company. This is an exciting opportunity to help build a successful therapeutics company from an early stage.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
• Design, implement, and troubleshoot experiments to develop and improve genome editing technology
• Work with Computational Biology group to identify new genome editing systems and demonstrate function through biochemical and cell-based assays
• Analyze experimental data and present scientific results at team research meetings
• Contribute to publications and patent applications
• Follow advancements in the field of gene editing and gene therapy published in the literature and presented at conferences
• PhD in Biochemistry, Biology, Biophysics, Chemistry or a related field
• Experience with molecular biology (PCR, cloning, library generation), specifically library generation
• Hand-on experience developing directed evolution and/or selection assays
• Research experience with genome editing technologies, nucleases, and/or DNA modified or DNA binding proteins is strongly preferred
• Experience with protein expression and purification is preferred
• Scientific background in biochemistry, strong understanding of protein structure and function.
• Experience with analytical techniques for proteins and nucleic acids such as UV-vis, SDS-PAGE, western blotting, electrophoresis, and/or CE
• Demonstrated ability to develop assays to demonstrate protein (preferably enzyme) activity
• Relevant technical skills for data analysis, DNA and protein sequence analysis, ELN documentation, and presenting results
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a team-oriented environment
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Preferred experience with and conceptual understanding of NGS techniques
Why join Life Edit Therapeutics?
Life Edit Therapeutics, an ElevateBio portfolio company, is dedicated to improving human health with breakthrough therapeutic innovations powered by our unique gene editing systems. To meet the need for better genome editing, Life Edit Therapeutics is building one of the world’s largest and most diverse collections of novel RNA-guided nucleases (RGNs). Life Edit Therapeutics’ next generation editing systems will propel the development of novel human therapeutics by enabling in vivo delivery of gene therapies and ex vivo engineering for cell therapies and regenerative medicines. In addition to developing its own pipeline of cell and gene therapies, Life Edit Therapeutics will continue to build its platform of novel nucleases, deliver gene therapies to the clinic, and provide gene editing expertise to strategic partners and ElevateBio portfolio companies,
Life Edit Therapeutics and ElevateBio are committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Life Edit Therapeutics and ElevateBio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.