Job: Scientist, Immunology (Flow Cytometry/Biomarker), AskBio, Durham, NC
Scientist, Immunology (Flow Cytometry/Biomarker)
Durham, NC 27709 United States
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio), a wholly owned and independently operated subsidiary of Bayer AG acquired in 2020, is a fully integrated AAV gene therapy company dedicated to developing life-saving medicines that have the potential to cure genetic diseases. The company maintains a portfolio of clinical programs across a range of neuromuscular, central nervous system, cardiovascular and metabolic disease indications with a clinical-stage pipeline that includes therapeutics for Pompe disease, Parkinson’s disease and congestive heart failure, as well as out-licensed clinical indications for hemophilia and Duchenne muscular dystrophy. AskBio’s gene therapy platform includes Pro10™, an industry-leading proprietary cell line manufacturing process, and an extensive AAV capsid and promoter library. With global headquarters in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, and European headquarters in Edinburgh, UK, the company has generated hundreds of proprietary third-generation AAV capsids and promoters, several of which have entered clinical testing. Founded in 2001 and an early innovator in the gene therapy field, the company holds more than 850 patents in areas such as AAV production and chimeric and self-complementary capsids. Learn more at www.askbio.com.
The Scientist, Immunology (Flow Cytometry/Biomarker) is one of the key laboratory members who will have an opportunity to learn and contribute to the understanding of AAV Immunogenicity by performing immunological assays in support of our gene therapy programs. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is looking to build-up on his/her experience in Cell Biology and Immunology lab skills by being involved in the assessment of clinical samples and drive exploratory data analyses of clinical studies to advance programs to clinical trial stages.
We are excited about our next Scientist, Immunology (Flow Cytometry/Biomarker) to join the AskBio team!
- Perform data analysis and interpret the results accurately and timely.
- Execute flow cytometry and/or biomarker assays under the guidance of supervisor.
- Maintain a laboratory notebook or binder with worksheets recording details of performed experiments.
- Assist in the maintenance of inventories and/or place orders of reagents and materials needed for the assigned projects for timely execution of related lab work.
-Contribute to drafting the reports and presentations for technical discussions and/ or investigations with internal and external stakeholders.
Required Education & Experience
- MS/ PhD in Immunology, Biology, Bioinformatics, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Virology, or related field with 2-6 years of experience in industry, academia, or combination of both.
- Experience with multicolor flow cytometry, performing multiplexed analytical assays such as Meso Scale Diagnostics or Luminex, and/or high-dimensional analyses of deep-data such as transcriptomics, proteomics, or metabolomics.
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Prior Experience with electronic lab notebooks, statistical software such as Graphpad or JMP, and proficiency with flow cytometric analysis software such as FCS Express or FlowJo.
- Expertise in managing, curating, and analyzing large datasets accumulated via multiplexed, multicolor (>12), and/ or deep-data platforms (e.g. NGS or proteomics).
- Demonstrated experience with mammalian cell culture and processing/handling primary cells such as PBMCs.
- Possess basic office skills using a PC and working with MS office tools.
- Ability to write software scripts, e.g. R or Python experience, or bioinformatics training.
- Self-motivated, organized, capable of working independently, as well as a team contributor.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with teams, internally and externally.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?