Job: Associate II, Analytical Development, Precision BioSciences, Durham, NC
The Associate, Cell Therapy BioAnalytics works within the Analytical Development Team and will participate in providing bioanalytical support for Clinical Sample Analysis and Cell Therapy Process Development projects. The position will contribute to BioAnalytics development efforts for CART-cell projects by providing sample preparation and analysis on a timely manner. This position is lab-based and will share facilities and resources with the Cell Therapy teams.
**Please note, Precision BioSciences mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. This list contains the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform role-related duties other than those contained in this document.
• Isolate and characterize leukocytes from human peripheral blood
o Prepare isolated leukocytes for analysis by flow cytometry
o Prepare nucleic acid samples from isolated leukocytes
o Cytokine analysis of human plasma samples
o Perform aseptic mammalian primary or secondary cell culture, cryopreserve and manage cell inventory
o Multicolor flow cytometry assay execution and analysis
o Cell based assay execution and analysis
• Execute established assays and analyze generated data according to established SOPs and report results of analysis to Cell Therapy Team Leaders on a timely manner
• Coordinate with Cell Therapy Team Leaders and members to plan and carry out experiments that need to be carried out to achieve Precision’s goals for developing T Cell Therapies
• Work collaboratively on aspects of experiments to be performed by other members of the team as part of a larger ongoing experiment
• Assist in general operation of the Cell Culture facility
• Coordinate with Group leaders to make ensure the following:
o SOPs are written and updated for techniques and assays
o Equipment is properly maintained
o Consumables are ordered and stocked as needed
o Cells and other reagents are available for experiments as needed
• Availability to work during off-peak hours when project demands dictate. This will include occasional weekends, holidays, and evenings.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
• MS in cell biology/immunology with 2 years related biopharma industrial experience and/or training or BS in cell biology/immunology with 5 years related biopharma industrial experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience in T cell biology
• Extensive experience in multiparameter flow cytometric analysis
• Broad experience with antibody based assays (Flow cytometry, MSD, Luminex, ELIspot, ELISA)
• Ability to analyze high parameter FCS files with FlowJo (10+ colors)
• Experiences in handling and analysis of cells, antibodies, and nucleic acids
• Extensive hands-on experience with immune cell activation and characterization assays such as multi- parameter flow cytometry and MSD
• Experience with primary T cell culture, expansion and characterization
• Proficiency with FlowJo, Prism, and Microsoft office applications
• Experience in industrial Cell Therapy environment
• Experience in industrial Immunotherapy environment
• Little to no travel will be expected in this position.
• This is a primarily office-based position associated with the main headquarters in Durham, NC.
Precision BioSciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: DTIL), is a clinical stage biotechnology company dedicated to improving life (DTIL) with its novel and proprietary ARCUS® genome editing platform. This isn’t just a statement supporting the products that we’re developing – it’s a statement that speaks to our collective desire to do our part in improving the lives of those around us. ARCUS is a highly specific and versatile genome editing platform designed with therapeutic safety, delivery, and control in mind. Using ARCUS, Precision is developing allogeneic CAR T and in vivo gene correction therapies for cancer and genetic diseases. Our team includes pioneers in genome editing, leaders in business, and a full staff of talented and committed people who are excited to be a part of medical and scientific breakthroughs. For additional information, please visit www. precisionbiosciences.com
Precision BioSciences actively fosters an inclusive environment to ensure we attract and retain the best talent; we value diversity of life experiences and perspectives; and we encourage innovation in pursuit of our mission. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Precision BioSciences complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.