Job: Manufacturing Director, Novex Innovations, Winston Salem, NC
Competitive Salary, Paid Premiums for Employee Medical Insurance, 401(K), 11 paid holidays, Paid Time Off
The Manufacturing Director position is responsible for supporting the mission of Novex Innovations (Novex) through initiation, design, management, and performance of manufacturing projects. Manufacturing projects span multiple disciplines including, but not limited to, process development, material sourcing, manufacturing activities, and interaction/compliance with appropriate regulatory authorities.
1. Establish, implement and maintain project management methodology in support of manufacturing projects with a focus on Novex objectives and deliverables.
2. Provide coordination, oversight, management, and performance of manufacturing projects.
3. Process and analyze manufacturing services team results, data, and provide appropriate status updates to
Novex and investing partners.
4. Participate with production translation and quality teams, GMP resources, and other external resources and
stakeholders to define project tasks and coordinate timelines.
5. Participate as an active team member within the larger project team.
6. Manage project plans and timelines to ensure projects are completed within identified timeframe ad within
7. Increase knowledge and understanding in field of project management and methodology for other staff.
8. Develop internal and external contacts in order to gain knowledge and understanding and form relationships
for future collaboration.
9. Work in multidisciplinary teams; in industry, across different functions of the business.
10. Establish and maintain positive relationships with external partners and project stakeholders for the benefit of
Novex and the completion of project deliverables.
11. Provide regular updates on manufacturing progress to Novex team in a manner and at a level that resources
from various backgrounds and experience levels can comprehend.
12. Identify process improvements and promote quality in processes and products.
Problem Solving and Participation
1. Understand risks and issues related to manufacturing services and, where appropriate, provide input and guidance toward potential solutions.
2. Use initiative and creativity to identify opportunities to extend the manufacturing services product portfolio.
Use experience to analyze and interpret project data and draw conclusions on the outcomes understanding impacts to the project plan and timeline.
4. Contribute to collaborative decision making with colleagues in areas of manufacturing services and other efforts.
5. Participate in decisions that affect the work of the team and success of the project.
6. Analyze alternative courses of direction for manufacturing service offerings.
7. Contribute to the planning of manufacturing services and related efforts.
8. Maintain awareness of risks within the work environment.
9. Address problems that may affect the achievement of manufacturing services objectives, project deliverables, and other deadlines.
1. Develop budgets for the preparation of quotes.
2. Use projections on spend to ensure a positive cash flow.
3. Establish and maintain operating budgets.
4. Perform other duties as needed
Minimum Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, or related Minimum Skills / Experience Requirements:
• Regulatory and Good Manufacturing Practices (GTP, GMP, GLP) experience, minimum 10 years preferred
• Experience and behaviors that demonstrate a multidisciplinary and entrepreneurial approach to seeking out
and implementing projects
• Outstanding communication and people skills
• Articulate with professional oral and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask
• Computer proficiency with strong data entry skills
• Ability to work in an office-based team environment
• Proven leadership abilities
• Good judgement, sound technical skills, and analytical ability
• Results oriented
Lab equipment, including but not limited to, pipettes, incubators, centrifuge, autoclave, ovens, and fume hoods.