Job: CNS Pharmacologist/Scientist, Evecxia Therapeutics, Durham, NC
Durham, NC 99999 United States
Industry standard and commensurate with experience. Full benefits package, stock options, and bonus.
Research and Development
Evecxia Therapeutics is the first company dedicated to realizing the therapeutic potential of 5 hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) for the treatment of mental illness and other CNS disorders, through the development of proprietary prescription 5-HTP drug products.
Evecxia is hiring a CNS Pharmacologist/Scientist with a strong foundation in neuroscience and pharmacology and a track-record of excellence.
Evecxia is a flat organization, emphasizing teamwork, and valuing the input of all.
Evecxia currently operates virtually - we work remotely, and we partner with CROs in advancing our drug development programs.
Title and salary are according to industry standard, and commensurate with experience and compliment of competencies and include benefits and stock options.
• Make a positive impact on the lives of millions of people suffering from psychiatric and other CNS disorders.
• Apply your CNS scientific skills comprehensively across all domains of the drug development process, from animal POC to pivotal clinical trials.
• Grow, acquire new skills, make your mark, plan your work independently.
• You will be responsible for scientific input and direct oversight of the preclinical/clinical pharmacology and CMC aspects of the development of Evecxia’s drug candidates.
• You will have strong analytical capabilities, be a data-oriented independent thinker, be a fast learner, and be capable of wearing many hats.
• You will be a strong writer, with a wide range of writing/presenting skills, e.g., grants, preclinical protocols, graphing data, regulatory documents, and presentations.
• Basic statistical data analysis skills are required.
• You will refer to the Chief Scientific Officer; yet, work across the organization.
• PhD/PharmD/MD, minimum of 2 years of experience from biotech or pharma, preferably within CNS.
• Your experience includes several of the following: Defining and carrying out research projects; surveying state of the science; writing preclinical and/or clinical protocols; writing grant applications; writing publications/presentations; perform data analysis: writing regulatory documents; writing clinical documents, etc.
• Experience with clinical R&D a plus.
• Experience with drug formulations/CMC a plus.
• Track record of excellence, e.g., strong first author publication record within CNS, inventor on patents, execution of CNS R&D projects, promotions, recipient of fellowships/grants.
You must be eligible to work in the US in the private sector under your current citizen/immigrant/non-immigrant status.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?