NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: Microbiome Scientist, PhD, (In Vivo) – Durham Biotech – Remote Option, Frankel Staffing Partners, Durham, NC
Microbiome Scientist, PhD, (In Vivo) – Durham Biotech – Remote Option
Durham, NC 99999 United States
Our client, an RTP area Biotech that focuses on microbiome-based therapeutics for the prevention of respiratory infectious diseases, is actively recruiting for a highly capable Microbiome Scientist to join its growing team in identifying therapeutic targets from microbiome systems.
This company is building a robust product portfolio through internal development and external collaboration and seeks a motivated scientist to enhance its in vivo microbiome capabilities. The microbiome scientist will be responsible for study design and microbiome sample collection to drive the bioinformatics candidate discovery program.
Key Things to Note:
• The client is open to those working remote or onsite in the lab. Much of this work is study design, analysis, research strategies and translation, as well as oversight of 3rd party partners involved in the work
• The select individual will work collaboratively with bioinformatics personnel to define research strategies and with the in vitro lab staff to enhance the translation of in vivo observations to the lab
• This is an emerging setting in which processes and procedures are being developed and enhanced. We seek a flexible and innovative professional who will contribute to the candidate discovery program.
Duties will include:
• Study design and microbiome sample collection to drive the bioinformatics candidate discovery program
• Work closely with the in vitro team to assure the successful translation of in vivo and in vitro microbiome activity
• Manage and complete well-designed experiments in a fast-paced start-up setting
• Work with leadership to run efficacy trials on investigational products, to include collecting microbiome data to demonstrate efficacy and inform future studies.
It is critical that the selected individual have extensive knowledge of the mammalian in vivo microbiome and have experience applying bioinformatics to understand the interactions between the microbiome and host. We seek a candidate with a PhD in a field related to microbiome research (Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Immunology, or other related) and 3+ years of research experience in a mammalian microbiome system.
Experience with the following will be important:
• Conducting microbiome studies in animal models. Experience in livestock is a plus.
• Studying the effects of the microbiome on the host immune system
• Knowledgeable of bioinformatics and biostatistics methodologies applied to microbiome data sets
• Leading innovative research programs related to the microbiome
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, to include the ability to put together professional and compelling presentations for internal and external teams and stakeholders
• Established relationships with experts in the microbiome field
This is an immediate need and compensation will be generous. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.
Frankel Staffing Partners proudly recruits on behalf of premier employers in the Triangle (and beyond). We specialize in Office Support, Life Science and other Professional Services positions. To view our current openings, please visit our website at www.frankelstaffing.com.
(see job description above)
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center