Job: Contract to Hire - Associate Analytical Chemist (HPLC) - RTP, NC Pharma, Frankel Staffing Partners, RTP, NC
Our client, a rapidly-expanding RTP-based pharmaceutical company that is developing a portfolio of ophthalmic products, seeks a very bright, capable and self-directed Associate Scientist to join its growing Analytical team.
This position will begin as a contract and convert to direct hire after 6 months. Client will consider recent grads, if they have significant lab experience using HPLC in internships. This is an outstanding foot-in-the-door opportunity for a high potential candidate.
Position will involve supporting the analytical lab in the design, fabrication, analysis and manufacturing of novel therapeutic formulations and molecules. This is a hands-on role, involving work with solutions – from making solutions to analyzing samples, processing of data and reporting to the team. Some of the work will be quite repetitive. It requires a candidate who enjoys lab work and understands the importance of quality and consistency, despite the repetition.
Specific duties will include:
• Analytical testing of research, in-process, and finished product samples
• Management of sample throughput and quality with minimal supervision
• Execute experiments, analyze data, and draw conclusions from results
• Maintain high-throughput volume of routine testing
• Coordinate with cross functional teams in a hands-on laboratory environment
• Laboratory upkeep, to include ordering supplies and sterilization
BS degree in Chemistry is required, as well as 1+ year of experience in an analytical lab using HPLC. We seek a strong analytical thinker, one who is able to keep detailed documentation in a laboratory notebook
Other priorities include:
• Experience with HPLC analysis and familiarity with chromatography data systems (Empower experience is a plus)
• Experience with analytical laboratory equipment - analytical balances, pipettes and other similar analytical laboratory equipment
• Experience conducting experiments independently and with minimal supervision
• Detailed and meticulous lab notebook documentation
This is an exciting time in a very exciting company.
Frankel Staffing Partners proudly recruits on behalf of premier employers in the Triangle (and beyond). We specialize in Office Support, Life Science and other Professional Services positions. To view our current openings, please visit our website at www.frankelstaffinag.com.