Job: Research Associate I, Parion Sciences, Durham, NC
Parion Sciences is a development stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to research, development, and commercialization of treatments to improve and extend the lives of patients with respiratory diseases. Parion has a diverse pipeline of pre-clinical and clinical candidates for the treatment of these diseases via novel mechanisms of action.
Currently we are seeking a committed team player to join our Research Team. The successful candidate will work within the Parion project teams and be responsible for executing laboratory experiments and data analysis, research operations and provide general laboratory support.
The Parion team, located in Durham, NC, is comprised of accomplished leaders and talented, passionate colleagues with a desire to help the patients we aim to treat.
• Perform a variety of non-clinical research functions, both internally and externally with collaboration partners, to support project team goals and corporate objectives.
• Support the design, planning and execution of research experiments.
• Willingness to travel to conduct research activities that require off-site support and work at external locations.
• Communicate experimental results and recommendations to project teams.
• Formulate materials for use in internal and external collaborative research projects.
• Maintains research databases including:
• Data spreadsheets
• Compound inventories
• Assists with laboratory operations including, but not limited to:
• Ordering of laboratory supplies.
• Preparing common stock laboratory reagents.
• Performing weekly laboratory safety checks.
• Keeping up to date on laboratory equipment calibration and maintenance schedules.
• BS degree in biology/chemistry field. Applicant must have completed courses in Cell Biology and Organic Chemistry.
• Industry/academic lab work experience.
• Have a problem-solving mentality and can work independently in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment and maintain high standards of assay quality and efficiency.
• Experience with basic laboratory techniques (e.g., micropipettes).
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Reliable, flexible, team-oriented, and detail-oriented.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States and no relocation assistance is offered.
• Hands-on experience in tissue culture techniques.
• Familiarity with various laboratory techniques including western-blotting, UV-Vis measurements, plate readers.
• Experience with UPLC/HPLC.
• Experience with development/maintenance of databases/spreadsheets.
Qualified candidates, please e-mail resumes with references to dvillalon@Parion.com
Parion Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Parion Sciences about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Parion Sciences via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Parion Sciences, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Parion Sciences for this requisition and a valid agreement with Parion Sciences is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Parion Sciences agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.