NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: Research Associate (Microbiology) – Biotech– Direct Hire – Durham, NC, Frankel Staffing Partners, Durham, NC
Research Associate (Microbiology) – Biotech– Direct Hire – Durham, NC
Durham, NC 27709 United States
Our client, an RTP area Biotech that focuses on microbiome-based therapeutics for the prevention and treatment of animal disease, is actively recruiting for a bright and capable Research Associate to join its growing Development team.
This company is building a portfolio of biotherapeutics to replace antibiotic use in food animals. This Research Associate will assist in designing, carrying out, and troubleshooting in vitro microbial experiments that support the development of live microbial therapeutics for animal health.
Key Things to Note:
• This is a lab-based position, working closely with 2-3 other scientists. We seek a candidate open to a full-time on-site role.
• The Research Associate will be responsible for supporting microbial strain activity evaluation and maintaining the bacterial and mammalian cell stocks. Experience performing high-through-put microbial growth assays is needed
• This is an emerging setting in which processes and procedures are being developed and enhanced. We seek a flexible and innovative candidate who will contribute to new policies and practices.
• Participating in the isolation of livestock commensals
• Conducting microbial based in vitro assays
• Maintaining microbial stocks and mammalian cell lines
• Maintaining up-to-date and accurate records of experiments
• Analyzing data from experiments and presenting analyses to supervisors
We seek a candidate with a 4 year degree in a Biological Science and 2+ years of experience with bacterial cell isolation and culture, mammalian cell culture and performing bioassays.
Experience with the following will be important:
• isolating and working with microbes
• preparing microbial strain banks
• performing high-through-put microbial growth assays is a plus
• biochemical assays
• molecular biology techniques and approaches including DNA and RNA extraction and quantification
In addition, we seek a highly diligent, detail-oriented and organized candidate with a strong compliance orientation and an extremely conscientious work style.
Finally, we seek a team player who will thrive in a fast paced and highly dynamic setting.
This is an immediate need and compensation will be generous. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.
Frankel Staffing Partners proudly recruits on behalf of premier employers in the Triangle (and beyond). We specialize in Office Support, Life Science and other Professional Services positions. To view our current openings, please visit our website at www.frankelstaffing.com.
(see job description above)
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center