Job: Associate Scientist, Lindy Biosciences, Durham, NC
Lindy Biosciences is addressing formulation challenges in the rapidly growing biologics market. Our proprietary technology, Microglassification, produces spherical, dense, stable particles of a biologic, ideal for high-concentration suspensions enabling subcutaneous injection. This improves patient compliance, decreases costs, and enables new high-dose molecules to reach the market.
Lindy Biosciences was founded in 2017. We have a dedicated team of unique thinkers and problem-solvers. As a start-up, every employee has a tremendous impact on our success, and we have abundant opportunity to learn, innovate, and challenge each other. We are passionate about improving our knowledge, skills, products, and ultimately improving the drug delivery experience for patients.
Lindy Biosciences is seeking an Associate Scientist to contribute to our R&D programs for cutting edge biologics delivery. This role will be responsible for the analysis and interpretation of internal and external samples and will play a crucial role in the development of our technology and the growth of our intellectual property portfolio. We are seeking a candidate who thinks critically, scientifically, and is enthusiastic about working in a start-up.
This person will interact with all personnel at Lindy Biosciences. An eagerness and willingness to discuss, collaborate, innovate, and learn will be essential to the success of this role.
Primary activities will include analysis of therapeutic proteins and complex mixtures of biologics in solutions, suspensions, and various dispersions. The Associate Scientist will be trained in the manufacture of Microglassification batches and will assist in manufacture and analysis of produced particles and suspensions.
• Analytical testing using a broad range of chromatographic and chemical techniques (GC, HPLC, KF), spectroscopic techniques, physical techniques (PSA, SEM, Microscopy, Rheology, RI), activity assays, and other duties as assigned.
• Maintain equipment to ensure technical accuracy.
• Maintain lab notebook and clearly communicate results of testing and data analysis.
Hands-on experience is not required for all analytical techniques, but familiarity with these techniques will be helpful.
Experience & Competencies:
• BS with 2+ years of industry experience in a relevant physical/biologic scientific field (e.g., Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, etc.)
• Experience with gas chromatography method development
• Experience with wet chemistry laboratory techniques and safety
• Experience with protein analytical methods (e.g., HPLC-SEC, CIEX-HPLC, UV/Vis)
• Ability to problem-solve, troubleshoot, and critically review data
• Ability to manage multiple priorities, attention to detail, strong organizational and communication skills