Supply Chain & Logistics
NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: Supply Chain Specialist (Biotech/COVID Vaccines) – Contract to Start/Top $$, Frankel Staffing Partners, Durham, NC
Supply Chain Specialist (Biotech/COVID Vaccines) – Contract to Start/Top $$
Durham, NC 27713 United States
Supply Chain & Logistics
Our client, a RTP area biotech that is developing several plant-based vaccines to treat COVID and other illnesses, has an immediate need for a very sharp and capable Supply Chain Specialist to join its team.
This is a contract position, expected to last 6 months, or longer. Pay will be generous. If you or someone you know would be interested in this role, we would be eager to speak with you.
Position will involve overseeing a wide range of supply chain/inventory management activities including sourcing/onboarding alternate materials, coordinating with vendors on delivery of materials, working with planning to determine impact of material delays, etc.
Specific duties include:
• Coordinate with procurement to confirm delivery delays and source alternate materials.
• Draft and manage quality events associated with onboarding alternate materials.
• Follow up with vendors on critical material delivery dates to ensure on time delivery.
• Follow and enforce the site safety procedures.
• Work in ERP to improve systems and troubleshoot errors.
• Project-based work on an as-needed basis within the supply chain/planning realm.
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree and 2+ years of Supply Chain experience including planning, procurement, and inventory control tasks. Strong preference for candidates with GMP/life sciences bkgd.
Other priorities include:
• Experience with ERP systems, technically inclined
• Strong technical writing (deviation investigations, change controls, and corrective actions)
• Excellent juggling and project management skills
• Good communication skills, ability to collaborate with internal customers and vendors
• Familiar with the procure to pay process
• Must be able to work safety and follow standard operating procedures.
Finally, we seek a conscientious and detail-oriented team player with a very strong work ethic and a desire to assist others. A lot is happening. We seek a go-getter who is ready and able to contribute.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.
Frankel Staffing Partners proudly recruits on behalf of premier employers in the Triangle (and beyond). We specialize in Office Support, Life Science and other Professional Services positions. To view our current openings, please visit our website at www.frankelstaffing.com
(see job description above)
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center