Job: Research and Clinical Laboratory Scientist, Galaxy Diagnostics Inc, Research Triangle Park, NC
Research and Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 United States
PO Box 14346
Full time position with benefits; Salary commensurate with experience
The Research and Clinical Laboratory Scientist is responsible for performing research and clinical diagnostic testing duties for high complexity, laboratory-developed, microbiological, immunological, and molecular assays within a CLIA-accredited clinical diagnostic laboratory. We are seeking an individual with strong initiative and excellent analytical and technical skills for a full-time position that reports to the Director of Research and Development/Assistant Laboratory Director.
• Perform a variety of laboratory procedures utilizing microbiological, immunological, and molecular techniques, including IFA, ELISA, Western Blotting, DNA and RNA extraction, quantitative PCR, and droplet digital PCR.
• Apply knowledge of advanced molecular techniques and microbiological procedures to appropriately interpret and report assay results. Utilize Microsoft Excel to organize, tabulate, and report assay results to supervisor for analysis. Ensure results are reported and documented in a timely and professional manner to all involved parties.
• Perform quality control and quality assurance procedures including, but not limited to, routine equipment maintenance and calibration as well as documentation of quality control and quality assurance activities, as needed.
• Ensure that reagents and supplies are adequately maintained. Keep work surfaces clean and orderly. Work using established SOPs and help develop new SOPs, as needed.
• Ensure that test specimens are recorded, processed, and triaged appropriately while maintaining "chain-of custody."
• Experience with BSL-2 and enhanced BSL-2 laboratory procedures, including working within a biological safety cabinet.
• Provide outstanding, personalized customer service by promptly responding to and resolving customer issues.
• Develop and maintain relationships through effective and timely communication with supervisors and co-workers.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Master of Science degree (or equivalent) with a minimum of two years of professional laboratory experience, or Bachelor of Science degree (or equivalent) with a minimum of four years of professional experience, in biology, microbiology, immunology, chemistry, biochemistry, clinical laboratory science (CLS), or related field. Excellent aseptic technique, accurate and precise pipetting skills, attention to detail, flexibility, and ability to multi-task at an advanced level required. Excellent troubleshooting and critical-thinking skills essential. Clear vision required for equipment operation and data entry, analysis, and reporting.
• Experience with mammalian cell culture preferred.
• Experience with advanced molecular techniques, such as digital/droplet digital PCR, quantitative real-time PCR, manual and automated nucleic acid extraction preferred.
• Experience with immunological assays, such as ELISA/EIA, Luminex, IFA, Western Blotting preferred.
• Strong math skills required for accurate assay calculations.
• Strong computer skills needed for organization, tabulation, and accurate data entry of assay results.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States (e.g., US Citizen, permanent resident status, work visa)
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?