Job: Military Internship - Maintenance Mechanics, NCBiotech Veterans Outreach Program, Loc: Seqirus-Holly Springs, NC
Military Internship - Maintenance Mechanics
Loc: Seqirus-Holly Springs, NC 27540 United States
Manufacturing and Production
Individual Military Internship - Maintenance Mechanics Biopharma Mfg.
NCBiotech Veterans Outreach Program - Intern Location: Seqirus-Holly Springs, NC
The ideal Military intern should have some Military related experience. In this internship role, you will receive job training to learn how to transition your related military experience to biopharma manufacturing operations. Internship report hours/days will be determined based on assignment not to exceed 40 internship hours per week.
This Military internship offers the unique opportunity to receive real-time on-the-job experience in the following: Reporting to a Maintenance Manager / Supervisor, the intern will be responsible for the maintenance production, support and process equipment (GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) & non-GMP). The intern will be provided the unique opportunity to support manufacturing and the execution of maintenance tasks.
Additional Information Regarding Each Internship:
•All roles are up to 12-16-weeks in length and require at minimum a H.S. diploma. For all internship roles, any Military experience following SOP (standard operating procedures) and/or good documentation practices are considered a plus. Your ability to work in an environment requiring the ability to complete multiple tasks timely and accurately are required.
•For all roles, any experience with PowerPoint, excel, word experience will be considered a plus yet not mandatory. Exposure to lean six sigma, continuous improvement practices, or training are additional assets for these roles yet not required.
•All roles do require the ability to manage and work in an environment requiring the capability to complete multiple tasks timely and effectively. Service members must be considered in good standing with their Chain of Command, have a clean background, and will be subject to pre-onboarding processes at the respective “host” company.
•To interested service members, we are interested in the skillsets you’ve attained throughout your Military career, so we encourage you to think beyond your MOS title and focus on your transferrable assets. Each internship offers the opportunity to develop job ready skillsets providing a fast track to potential civilian job placement.
Our industry is hiring! Your Military experience has developed skills we value.
Apply today and continue your service with a purpose!
The selected Military intern will be responsible for and will receive real-time on the job experience and biopharma industry training in the following operational areas:
• Will receive training to perform work within GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) guidelines.
• Under direction, maintains and performs corrective, preventative maintenance on production, process and support equipment (autoclaves, parts washers, etc…) for in GMP & non-GMP systems.
• Maintains and will be encouraged to provide recommendations for spare parts and PM (preventative maintenance) procedures for equipment.
• May provide support of other departments/areas to troubleshoot, test, repair, and optimize, equipment.
• Encouraged to participate in the continuous improvement efforts within the site Maintenance Program (including reliability).
• Under direction, may respond to alarms for assigned equipment/areas.
• Executes maintenance work for various customers
• May work with contract service providers and support contractors executing maintenance activities.
• Under direction, the intern may provides support for start-up, commissioning and turnover of new systems in assigned area.
• Will receive training and use tools and software (CMMS, PAS, Pi, PLCs, ETOPS, SAP) required to resolve equipment and process issues within all technical competencies.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?