Job: Project Manager, Ribometrix, Durham, NC
Durham, NC 27709 United States
Research and Development
Ribometrix is committed to delivering on the promise of addressing human disease through novel scientific insight into the structure of RNA. Unlike traditional drug discovery methodologies that target the product of RNA (proteins), we believe small molecule therapeutics can be designed to interact with RNA to deliver a meaningful therapeutic benefit to patients living with disease.
We are a team of individuals driven by the spirit of innovation, collaboration, empowerment, and integrity who are committed to the goal of helping patients with our novel therapeutic approach.
If you are looking for an opportunity to pioneer new science, collaborate with great people, and ultimately help those in need, then Ribometrix may be the pace for you.
We are seeking a highly motivated Project Manager to help plan, track, coordinate, analyze and drive Ribometrix projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assists with developing and executing sound, data-based project plans incorporating all activities required, including critical path analysis and resource loading where applicable.
• Coordinates project teams from conception through IND.
• Tracks projects to ensure completion on time and on budget.
• Develops and maintains documentation and prepares agendas, minutes, decision/action logs.
• Coordinates follow up on action logs to ensure timely execution.
• Aids with identifying program risks and the development of risk mitigation strategies; works with others to resolve issues and remove barriers.
• Supports teams in anticipating and resolving project issues/delays, understanding root causes of delays when they occur and implementing corrective actions to prevent repeat occurrences.
• Applies best practices in the development, initiation, planning, execution, control and closing of projects.
• Performs other duties as necessary.
Education and Experience:
• Must have a required minimum of 3 years experience in a project management role, (biotech or pharmaceutical R&D experience strongly preferred)
• Requires a bachelor's degree in related field
• Ability and desire to be hands-on and work collaboratively
• Ability to create a work breakdown structure, create a detailed project plan utilizing MS Project, understand task linkages and understand how to identify the critical path
• Proficient in Microsoft applications (MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
• Strong initiative, problem solving skills, desire to learn, attention to detail, and ability to effectively organize and prioritize are required.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a diverse and dynamic team is required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, professional maturity, proactive communication skills, and strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills are required,
• Strong initiative complemented with a sense of accountability, sense of urgency and adaptability is required
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?