Job: Senior Scientist Cell Biology, Oerth Bio, Durham, NC
We offer a very competitive compensation package, consisting of salary, bonus, equity, and benefits to all team members. For health benefits we pay 100% of employee and 80% of family premiums!
Oerth Bio is seeking an innovative, inquisitive, and motivated senior scientist with strong problem-solving and analytical skills to join our team. This position leads a team of scientists designing and developing assays to assess the activities of PROTACs in various systems (fungal, plant, insect) and requires the ability to flourish in a fast paced, fluid ag-tech and collaborative environment. https://www.oerthbio.com/
• Experience with the ubiquitin-proteasome system, or targeted protein degradation, preferred; Strong expertise in cell biology techniques and agricultural discovery approaches
• Experience developing assays on automated or semi-automated screening platforms to profile compounds for structure activity relationships using mechanistic, functional and phenotypic medium to high-throughput readouts, ELISA, quantitative/digital Western, Bioluminescent (nanoBRET) / Fluorescence assays, TR-FRET, etc.)
• Experience with target validation approaches using chemical genomics
• Proficient with data analysis and curation and advanced skills with data analysis software (KNIME, R, Python, Graphpad Prizm, Excel, etc).
• Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and deliverables within an entrepreneurial work setting.
• Motivated and organized critical thinker with solid interpersonal and business communication skills.
• Routinely communicate findings and information to other team members; transparency and knowledge sharing is expected and practiced.
• Ability to manage through distractions, perform with changing priorities and aggressive deadlines.
Oerth Bio is seeking an innovative, inquisitive, and motivated senior scientist with strong problem-solving and analytical skills to join our team. This position leads a team of scientists designing and developing assays to assess the activities of PROTACs in various systems (fungal, plant, insect) and requires the ability to flourish in a fast paced, fluid ag-tech and collaborative environment.
Key Responsibilities, Including by not Limited to:
• Lead and mentor a team of scientists in Cell Biology
• Collaborate with other groups within Biology and other departments to drive the development of efficacious PROTACs
• Design and execute on a strategy for the development of cell-based assays that enable reproducible and easy readout of PROTACs efficacy
• Work with CROs and external collaborators to support project progression
• Define and implement best practices in research and operational protocols in Cell Biology
• Master's degree or Ph.D. in Cell Biology, Plant Biology, Molecular Biology or a related discipline with at least five years of relevant experience
• Two or more years of managing a team of scientists in a matrix organization. Manages time for yourself and group members and balances work between bench and desk
• Proven track record of developing plant cell-based assays to assess the activities of gene products in cell to small molecules. Additional experience developing non- plant cell-based assays will be highly preferred.
• Experience using various equipment to facilitate cell-based assay development such as FACS, plate readers, etc. Experience with automation will be highly desirable.