Job: Scientist/Sr. Scientist-AAV, Delivery Technologies, LifeEDIT, Research Triangle Park, NC
Scientist/Sr. Scientist-AAV, Delivery Technologies
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 United States
104 T. W. Alexander Drive
Commensurate with experience
Research and Development
Title: Scientist/Sr. Scientist-AAV, Delivery Technologies
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Reports to: Associate Director, Gene Editing
We are looking for an experienced scientist with a strong background in AAV design and application to help expand our therapeutic capabilities and continue to improve our technology delivery platform. We are seeking curious, enthusiastic, competent, and self-motivated individuals with strong emotional intelligence to work in our company. A willingness to embrace our cultural values will be critical for success in this role. This is an exciting opportunity to help build a successful therapeutics company from an early stage. LifeEdit Therapeutics is a dynamic, high-growth, and intellectually challenging workplace with project that span discovery and development of novel gene editing tools to therapeutic applications.
• Serve as a subject matter expert on AAV vector biology and delivery technologies.
• Lead efforts to design, clone/synthesize, and optimize AAV expression constructs with our proprietary RNA guided nucleases to maximize packaging efficiency and transduction capabilities.
• Work closely with gene editing and pre-clinical groups to optimize AAV delivery platform including plasmid design strategy, serotype selection, purification process, and QC metrics.
• Provide molecular biology and cell culture support for gene editing (CRISPR) projects.
• Aid in developing and perform QC validation assays for determining physical and functional viral titers, assessing capsid integrity, and genome packaging efficiency.
• Aid in developing molecular and cellular assays to characterize AAV vectors in transduced cells and tissues, including ddPCR/qPCR, gel electrophoresis, and antibody-based assays.
• Assist in production of high-titer and high-quality research grade AAV for use in primary cells and small animals.
• Produce viral-engineered cell lines for research and development assays.
• Ensure compliance with electronic lab notebook (eLN) entries and other record keeping.
• Present project updates at internal and external meetings.
• PhD in relevant scientific discipline (molecular biology, virology, etc.) with 2+ years post-doctoral experience with AAV design & application, molecular biology, gene therapy, and assay development.
• Experience with design and optimization of AAV expression cassettes, preferably carrying large genetic payloads such as CRISPR.
• Experience with standard and advanced cloning techniques (Restriction enzyme/ligation, PCR-based cloning, Gibson Assembly, Golden Gate cloning, etc.) and ability to produce high-quality, endotoxin-free plasmid DNA.
• Demonstrated proficiency in molecular biology (sequence design & verification, qPCR, ddPCR)
• Knowledge of affinity and non-affinity purification methodologies for AAV production.
• Ability to multi-task and coordinate work on several simultaneous projects.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a team-oriented environment.
• Experience with Geneious or Benchling a plus.
Why join Life Edit Therapeutics?
Life Edit Therapeutics, an ElevateBio portfolio company, is a gene editing company on a mission to rewrite the future by curing disease, making any edit, anywhere. Life Edit has built a world-class genome editing platform with one of the world’s largest and most diverse collections of novel RNA-guided nucleases (RGNs) and base editors. The company’s next-generation editing systems will propel the development of novel human therapeutics by enabling ex vivo engineering for cell therapies and regenerative medicines and in vivo delivery of gene therapies.
To pave the way to faster, safer, gene editing therapeutics that cure disease and improve patient lives
Life Edit is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Life Edit will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?