Job: Senior Software Developer, LifeEDIT, Research Triangle Park, NC
Title: Senior Software Developer
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Reports to: Director, Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
We are looking for an experienced DevOps engineer with a background in scientific development to help expand our therapeutic capabilities and continue to improve our technology discovery platform. We are seeking curious, enthusiastic, competent, and self-motivated individuals with strong emotional intelligence to work in our company. A willingness to embrace our cultural values will be critical for success in this role. This is an exciting opportunity to help build a successful therapeutics company from an early stage.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
• Lead design, implementation, and testing of critical scientific workflows
• Develop tools to support and improve laboratory operations
• Automate large scale sequence processing
• Assist with data analysis for technology development
• Provide custom software and data to support individual programs
• Senior software developer: BS in computational, quantitative, genetics or a related field with 5+ years of experience; Software developer: BS in computational, quantitative, genetics or a related field with 0-4 years of experience
• Experience with Python, AWS, SQL, and version control in a unix environment
• Experience with cloud based workflow orchestration
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a team-oriented and fast paced environment
• Substantial experience in a scientific environment
• Industry experience strongly preferred
• Experience managing cloud infrastructure
• State of the art knowledge in sequence analysis
• Experience with ETL design and development
Why join Life Edit Therapeutics?
Life Edit Therapeutics, an ElevateBio portfolio company, is a gene editing company on a mission to rewrite the future by curing disease, making any edit, anywhere. Life Edit has built a world-class genome editing platform with one of the world’s largest and most diverse collections of novel RNA-guided nucleases (RGNs) and base editors. The company’s next-generation editing systems will propel the development of novel human therapeutics by enabling ex vivo engineering for cell therapies and regenerative medicines and in vivo delivery of gene therapies.
Our Vision: To pave the way to faster, safer, gene editing therapeutics that cure disease and improve patient lives
Life Edit is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Life Edit will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.