Job: Scientist / Senior Scientist: Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, LifeEDIT, Research Triangle Park, NC
Title: Scientist / Senior Scientist: Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Reports to: Associate Director, Protein Chemistry
We are looking for an experienced scientist with a strong background in protein engineering to expand our therapeutic capabilities and continue to improve our technology discovery platform. We are seeking curious, enthusiastic, competent, and self-motivated individuals with strong emotional intelligence to work in our company. A willingness to embrace our cultural values will be critical for success in this role. This is an exciting opportunity to help build a successful therapeutics company from an early stage.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
• Design, implement, and troubleshoot experiments to develop and improve genome editing technology
• Work with Computational Biology group to identify new genome editing systems and demonstrate function through biochemical and cell-based assays
• Analyze experimental data and present scientific results at team research meetings
• Contribute to publications and patent applications
• Follow advancements in the field of gene editing and gene therapy published in the literature and presented at conferences
• PhD in Biochemistry, Biology, Biophysics, Chemistry or a related field with 2+ years of postdoctoral or industry experience
• Research experience with genome editing technologies, nucleases, and/or DNA modified or DNA binding proteins is strongly preferred
• Experience with protein expression and purification, preferably with experience in automation and increased throughput
• Experience with and conceptual understanding of NGS techniques
• Scientific background in biochemistry, strong understanding of protein structure and function
• Strong understanding of chromatography approaches, especially commonly used approaches for protein purification
• Experience with analytical techniques for proteins and nucleic acids such as UV-vis, SDS-PAGE, western blotting, HPLC, and CE
• Demonstrated ability to develop assays to demonstrate protein (preferably enzyme) activity
• Experience with molecular biology (PCR, cloning, library generation)
• Relevant technical skills for data analysis, DNA and protein sequence analysis, ELN documentation, and presenting results
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a team-oriented environment
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
Why join Life Edit Therapeutics?
Life Edit Therapeutics, an ElevateBio portfolio company, is a gene editing company on a mission to rewrite the future by curing disease, making any edit, anywhere. Life Edit has built a world-class genome editing platform with one of the world’s largest and most diverse collections of novel RNA-guided nucleases (RGNs) and base editors. The company’s next-generation editing systems will propel the development of novel human therapeutics by enabling ex vivo engineering for cell therapies and regenerative medicines and in vivo delivery of gene therapies.
To pave the way to faster, safer, gene editing therapeutics that cure disease and improve patient lives
Life Edit is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Life Edit will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.