NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: Electronic Resources Manager, North Carolina Biotechnology Center, RTP, NC
Electronic Resources Manager
RTP, NC 27709 United States
15 T.W. Alexander Drive
Salary: Minimum salary 56,500; offer commensurate with experience
The North Carolina Biotechnology Center (NCBiotech) seeks an Electronic Resources Manager (ERM) to join the Life Science Intelligence (LSI) team.
Life Science Intelligence
The Life Science Intelligence team enables the success of NCBiotech staff as well as external clients in life sciences companies and organizations. We do this by conducting secondary research to develop custom reports, data analysis and visualizations and by designing in-house tools to maintain and deliver comprehensive and accurate data about the life sciences industry in the state, including a life sciences company directory.
The ERM will work with the LSI team to support external contract clients in the management of their online resources.
• Manages the renewal processing for all subscriptions for which LSI is responsible, at client companies and at the Center.
• Evaluates subscription usage through vendor tools; works with the team to develop tools where they do not exist or are inadequate. Gathers and analyzes collection metrics to support recommendations and decision-making
• Develops and maintains respectful and professional relationships with vendors. Negotiates license terms with vendors and publishers, ensuring contract compliance and maintaining ongoing electronic resource agreements.
• Continuously looks for new databases and vendor products to add value to the portfolio; schedules trials of new products and solicits feedback from users.
• Objectively communicate the value of resources to non-librarians, management and budget stakeholders.
• Monitors electronic resources fund expenditures and tracks against budget allocations; works with vendors and data to forecast future budget year projections; actively works to ensure renewals meet budget goals.
• Delivers articles through document delivery/interlibrary loan for internal and external clients. Ensures all clients are accurately billed for the transactions.
• Participates on a variety of LSI and Center teams and committees.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Experience with data-driven collection analysis
• Knowledge of acquisitions processes related to electronic resources, and familiarity with selection, budgeting, vendors, and content providers
• Ability to interact in an empathetic and positive manner
• Strong data analysis skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Experience with troubleshooting electronic access and subscription-related problems
• Knowledge of copyright and licensing issues
• Ability to develop and maintain productive and positive relationships with vendors, publishers, subscription agents, colleagues, scientists, engineers, and laboratory staff
• Experience with visualization tools and techniques
• Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written forms
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Center staff and external clients
• Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with advanced working knowledge of Excel and Access
• Demonstrated sense of curiosity
Minimum Education. Skills and Experience Required
In addition to a Master’s in Library or Information Science, the ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years of experience, preferably in a corporate setting.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center