NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: Product Development Manager, Panaceutics Nutrition, Research Triangle Park, NC
Product Development Manager
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 United States
Panaceutics Nutrition is a personalized wellness company that has developed a non-pill based format for providing customized formulas for dietary supplements and nutrition applications. Panaceutics patented manufacturing platform allows for on-demand production of custom formulations that can be tailored for an individual or for small to medium size market segments. Panaceutics Nutrition is currently scaling its operations in both Research Triangle Park, NC and Danville, VA to meet the expanding demand for personalized nutrition with its growing multi-national business partner(s) and is looking for an enthusiastic Product Development Manager.
As Manager of Product Development, you will act as an integral part of the formulations and quality teams by supporting all product development, technical requirements and project workflow. Work closely with senior leadership and quality members to create new product offering based on business partners specifications. Provide management and leadership to a small team of food nutrition scientists.
• Work in conjunction with Panaceutics and business partners to evaluate, create, validate and finalize product formulation and specifications utilizing Panaceutics’s manufacturing platform. Serve as lead to transfer formulation from benchtop to production scale.
• Facilitate projects by being liaison for product samples and technical specifications in development.
• Conduct research, perform data analysis, and provide accurate results and recommendations for final products as necessary including cost analysis.
• Perform technical reviews of Nutrition Facts Panels against formulas and vendor specifications.
• Track and manage product production dates and requirements; resolve action items with vendors.
• Assure accuracy and integrity of information.
• Assist with quality standards discrepancies and product quality concerns with internal teams and vendors as necessary.
• Assist with data entry, transfer and workflow of technical information.
• Work on special projects as assigned, such as evaluating competitive product, and application of new policies, processes and technologies including increasing shelf life of products and ingredients utilized in Panacea’s process.
• Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Nutrition, or related field strongly preferred. Advanced degree preferred.
• Knowledge of Food Science and Nutrition as it relates to CPG products, Health and Wellness a plus
• New product development experience including formulation development and analytical evaluation.
• Must have good understanding of product quality control, quality assurance and regulatory for both food and supplemental products.
• Must be detail oriented and extremely organized.
• Sensory evaluation experience and skills a plus.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and deliver against rapid development timelines in an early stage company environment.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center