Job: Research Associate 3 – Bioanalytical MD/MV, Shattuck Labs, Durham, NC
Shattuck Labs (www.shattucklabs.com) is developing breakthrough therapies for immunotherapy, which harnesses the human immune system to improve survival for patients battling cancer and inflammatory disease. Shattuck has pioneered the development of dual-sided Fc fusion proteins with the Agonist Redirected Checkpoint (ARC) platform technology. Two compounds from the platform are currently being tested in clinical trials (SL-279252 and SL-172154). In multiple published studies, ARC therapeutics have significantly outperformed traditional antibody-based therapeutics, and we believe that the dual-functionality of the ARC platform positions our product candidates with best-in-class potential as compared to traditional antibody therapeutics. Over 300 product candidates have been generated from the ARC platform and are poised for IND-enabling studies. Shattuck Labs, based in Austin, Texas, is a privately held biotechnology company founded in 2016. The R&D hub for Shattuck Labs is based in Research Triangle Park, NC.
About the Position
The Research Associate 3 - Bioanalytical Method Development and Validation will be responsible for the design, development and qualification of a series of flow cytometry based receptor occupancy and immune phenotyping assays. In addition, the candidate will support the development of other cell-based potency, pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic, and immunogenicity assays; necessary to support non-clinical development of ARC therapeutics. This is a bench research position, but will also involve data analysis and presentation internally and at times to external CROs.
You will report to the Director of Translational Research, and work closely with the internal R&D team at Shattuck. This is a full-time position based in Research Triangle Park, NC. Shattuck will provide a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
• Design and execute: Flow Cytometry-based receptor occupancy and immune phenotyping assays; familiarity with multicolor flow
o Familiarity with BD systems a plus, but not required.
• Design and execute: Mammalian cell-based potency assays using immortalized and primary cells.
o Platform experience with time-lapse microscopy systems, luminescence/fluorescence reporter systems is highly desirable.
• Support the development and execution of pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic, and immunogenicity assays; using ECL ELISA, standard ELISA, Western blot, and flow cytometry based platforms.
• Interpret method development data from each of the above assay platforms, evaluate performance in matrix samples (where applicable), then design and execute method qualification activities for assays.
• Evaluate significance of data and report findings.
• Prepare study summaries, method protocols and/or reports.
• Facilitate method transfer to CROs
Required Qualifications and Skills
• The successful candidate will hold a degree in one of the following fields, or similar; Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology, Immunology, Biology or Chemistry
o B.S./B.A. degree, and candidates with M.S. encouraged to apply
o Extensive direct experience with flow cytometry experimental design and execution, panel and marker selection highly desirable.
o Direct experience with mammalian cell culture
• Proven ability to collaborate with other functional areas within the company.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong technical writing experience required.
• Able to multi-task productively, applying time management processes and procedures effectively for on time delivery.
• Technically capable of determining what is wrong in complex situations and offering potential solutions, identifying root cause of a problem and working with others to correct problems.
• Must enjoy working in collaboration with others and small teams to achieve goals through effective building of relationships with co-workers
• Candidate must be sharp, self-motivated, and able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic biotech environment where flexibility, tolerability to rapid change, and drive to make a significant impact is essential.