The Metrologist II is accountable for driving results in a fast-paced environment by performing scheduled and unscheduled calibration, preventive maintenance (PM), and repair tasks in support of typical analytical and process instrumentation prevalent within the bio-pharmaceutical industry. Examples of instrumentation supported include but are not limited to: temperature and pressure measuring instruments, micrometers, calipers, torque testers, hardness testers, balances, furnaces, ovens, autoclaves, sterilizers, glassware washers, stability chambers/ incubators, chart recorders, liquid-in-glass and digital thermometers, thermocouples / RTD’s, DPTs, humidity sensors, spectrophotometers, microplate readers, refractometers, pipettes, pH/conductivity/resistivity instruments, flow meters, HPLC Systems, GCs, tablet coaters, blenders, fluid-bed dryers, and an array of other laboratory, production and packaging equipment. The position requires superior leadership behaviors of the Alcami core competencies and non-negotiables, as well as expertise in functional competencies included in this position profile.
- Performs both scheduled and unscheduled calibration, preventive maintenance, and repair tasks for moderately complex laboratory and process instrumentation.
- Documents calibration results in the calibration management system database (ProCalV5).
- Plans, schedules and performs own work once monthly workload assignments are received; including devotion of time to effectively manage on-demand assignments as they arise.
- Works closely with equipment users, engineers and other technicians in the process of getting monthly work completed.
- Troubleshoots, inspects and repairs moderately complex test and measurement equipment in support of new projects and on-demand repair requests.
- Interfaces and communicates effectively with direct Supervisors/ Management, various levels of personnel within the company and with external manufacturers/suppliers/service vendors.
- Utilizes learned knowledge, experience and skills to solve problems and execute objectives for self and other co-workers.
- Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other relevant company training requirements.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a two year degree in a technical discipline (A.S. or A.A.S.), or equivalent military education (60-credit hours) and training
- 3-5 years previous calibration/instrumentation experience preferred
- Previous experience working in a GMP environment preferred
- ASQ Calibration Technician Certification (CCT) and/or military PMEL training is a plus
- Consistently demonstrates honesty and integrity through personal example.
- Follows all safety policies and leads by example a safety first culture.
- Produces high quality work product with a focus on first time right.
- Complies with the company code of conduct and policies and regulatory standards.
Alcami Core Leadership Competencies
- Thinks strategically. Quickly identifies and acts on opportunities. Considers the downstream impact. Seeks to understand the why. Focuses on work that matters.
- Develops organization and others. Takes ownership to develop self and others. Seeks out new opportunities and experiences for continuous learning.
- Acts decisively. Makes and acts on decisions quickly. Makes decisions with the customer and their patients in mind. Meets commitments with a sense of urgency. Seeks ways to be more efficient.
- Drives performance. Holds self and others accountable. Delivers results first time right. Never settles for status quo. Willing to have tough conversations. Asks for feedback and takes action to improve.
- Passion for customers. Listens to understand. Asks the right questions. Gets to the heart of the matter and uses that insight to provide value.
- Works collaboratively. Seeks out the experience of others with the aim for better results. Open minded regardless where ideas originate. Flexible and easy to work with.
- Excellent mechanical ability and working electrical knowledge required.
- Excellent computer, organizational, scheduling and communication skills required.
- Excellent knowledge of calibration services.
- Working knowledge of metrological traceability and its criticality to quality calibration program.
- Working knowledge of cGMP in a pharmaceutical or regulated environment required.
- Excellent verbal communications and presentation skills required.
- Strong math aptitude and superior problem solving abilities required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Commitment to maintaining technical knowledge and skills, perform all work with high integrity and confidence, display ability to listen, project effective communication skills, be detail orientation, and display the ability to interpret moderate-to-complex technical and statistical information.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary with career advancement opportunities
- Profit sharing bonus plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid vacation, holiday and sick-leave
- Voluntary benefits including short & long term disability, life, accident, critical illness insurances