NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: Associate Software Engineer - Temporary Associate, United Therapeutics, RTP, NC
Associate Software Engineer - Temporary Associate
RTP, NC 27709 United States
Create software systems to assist research efforts in developing tissue-based regenerative medicine products for the treatment of pulmonary hypertension and other lung diseases.
Major Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
• Assist in the design, creation, testing and documentation of software to interact with custom hardware for tissue engineering systems.
• Assist in the development of python software with web-based graphical user interfaces.
• Maintain integrity of software using github version control and test-driven development.
• Make technical observations or decisions in-process while consulting with manager or others.
• Demonstrate ability to debug issues that may have some complexity. Deliver products (e.g. hardware or software) that may require subsequent refinement.
• Other duties as assigned
• BS in Computer Science
• 3+ years of post-baccalaureate experience in computer science
• Object oriented programming using Python; web development using HTML and CSS, Git
• Strong attention to detail and able to organize large amounts of work and data
• Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
• Knowledge of Test-Driven Design, Flask and C preferred but not required
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center