Job: Grants and Contracts Administrator - 78050, Duke Human Vaccine Institute, Durham, NC
Grants and Contracts Administrator - 78050
Durham, NC 27710 United States
Accounting & Finance
• Oversee and manage post-award financial and research administration activities for the DHVI federal and non-federal sponsored grants, contracts and cooperative agreements.
• Perform pre-award duties for assigned faculty.
• Post-award activities may include, but not limited to, preparation of necessary documents such as subcontract agreements, consultant agreements, supplements, re-budgets, monthly invoices, cost accounting standards (CAS), reporting and delivery requirements, etc., to ensure institutional and sponsor compliance and budgetary appropriateness.
• Work in partnership with the appropriate Program Manager to assure efficient and compliant conduct of all research studies by conducting monthly financial meetings.
• Advise PI or designee on budget adjustments and revisions necessary to meet the sponsor requirements.
• Work on special projects for review and approval by the Administrative Director and PI/designee.
• Manage reporting and compliance timelines for new awards; communicate new WBSEs to appropriate department personnel.
• Review monthly reconciliations to ensure all costs charged to project are allocable and allowable; identify the need for cost transfers from account reconciliations; submit/approve the cost transfers; implement adjustments and inform PI and/or designee of any corrections/adjustments.
• Prepare budget projections and analysis to assist PI or designee with financial management.
• As requirements change, prepare and submit requests for re-budgeting or re-programming of the funded project budget. Reconcile and close all sub-recipient budgets and obtain all sponsor-required reports.
• Prepare periodic reports to sponsors for review and submission by OSP.
• Manage the subcontract process with ORA and collaborating organizations; provide on-going sub-recipient monitoring.
• Make cost-sharing adjustments to reflect appropriate labor distribution or related cost-sharing obligations.
• Assure compliance with SoM scorecard metrics pertaining to research administration, including but not limited to quality of grant submission, management of overdrafts, timeliness of cost transfers and cost distribution changes, effort certification, and cost sharing. All other duties and projects as assigned by DHVI Finance Management.
Required Qualifications at this Level
Work requires communications, analytical and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program. Research or grants education and/or certification is preferred.
Successful completion of Financial Services Introduction to R3, Introduction to Duke GL, Introduction to Accounting, Sponsored Research Reporting, Research Administration at Duke (on-line), Basic Compliance (on-line) within first six months of hire is required.
Successful completion of the Research Administration Academy (RAA) is required. Employees hired into this classification without RAA training will work closely with their manager to schedule and complete the training within 12 months of start date. The expectation is that the staff member will maintain the requirements for their level. Failing to meet these requirements will be addressed through the performance review process.
Upon successful completion of expected training, the employee must maintain certification(s) by completing continuing education requirements.
No experience required for candidates who possess a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a field of study directly related to the specific position.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?