The position is responsible for performing monitoring of the pharmaceutical manufacturing environment and
utilities in compliance with cGMP and internal SOPs. The incumbent will provide support to manufacturing and
• Perform sampling of air for viable and non-viable particle counts along with contact surface testing.
• Perform sampling and testing of facility gasses and water including pre-treatment, USP and Water
• Manage the incubation of samples, plate reading and reporting of results.
• Ensure required testing documentation is complete and generated with adherence to company
policies and procedures.
• Escalate to management any failures and concerns related to environment of controlled spaces.
• Assist in sustaining of the laboratory safety and cleanliness by maintaining inventory, disposal of
waste and routine cleaning of laboratory rooms and equipment.
• Assist in receipt and log in of in-process samples.
• Trains junior technicians.
• Support development of LIMS templates.
• Perform additional duties as required and assigned by management.
Education and Experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent with minimum of 2 year of experience in monitoring of aseptic
• Degree in a science-related field and/or leadership experience is desired but not required.
• Consistently demonstrates honesty and integrity through personal example.
• Follows all safety policies and leads by example a safety-first culture.
• Produces high quality work product with a focus on first time right.
• Complies with the company code of conduct and policies and regulatory standards.
Alcami Core Leadership Competencies
• Thinks strategically. Quickly identifies and acts on opportunities. Considers the downstream impact. Seeks
to understand the why. Focuses on work that matters.
• Develops organization and others. Takes ownership to develop self and others. Seeks out new opportunities
and experiences for continuous learning.
• Acts decisively. Makes and acts on decisions quickly. Makes decisions with the customer and their patients
in mind. Meets commitments with a sense of urgency. Seeks ways to be more efficient.
• Drives performance. Holds self and others accountable. Delivers results first time right. Never settles for
status quo. Willing to have tough conversations. Asks for feedback and takes action to improve.
• Passion for customers. Listens to understand. Asks the right questions. Gets to the heart of the matter and
uses that insight to provide value.
• Works collaboratively. Seeks out the experience of others with the aim for better results. Open
minded regardless where ideas originate. Flexible and easy to work with.
• Highly organized and detail oriented.
• Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to work independently, along with ability to work well within a team.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Prior experience with LIMS is desired but not required.
Decision Making and Supervision Required
• Applies job skills and company policies and SOPs to complete a broad range of difficult tasks.
• Receives minimal instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
• Up to 5% travel required.