Job: Individual Military Internship - Manufacturing Associate, NCBiotech Veterans Outreach Program, Loc: Seqirus-Holly Springs, NC
Individual Military Internship - Manufacturing Associate
Loc: Seqirus-Holly Springs, NC 27540 United States
Manufacturing and Production
Individual Military Internship -Manufacturing Associate, Biopharma Mfg.
NCBiotech Veterans Outreach Program - Intern Location: Seqirus-Holly Springs, NC
In this internship role, you will receive job training to learn how to transition your military experience to biopharma manufacturing operations. Internship report hours/days will be determined based on assignment not to exceed 40 internship hours per week. In this role, your will receive shop floor training in a manufacturing production organization. Training will be provided to learn technical skill-sets necessary to manufacture high quality biologicals safely in a compliant, efficient, and cost effective manner. This Military internship offers the unique opportunity to receive real-time on-the-job experience.
Additional Information Regarding Each Internship:
•All roles are up to 12-16-weeks in length and require at minimum a H.S. diploma. For all internship roles, any Military experience following SOP (standard operating procedures) and/or good documentation practices are considered a plus. Your ability to work in an environment requiring the ability to complete multiple tasks timely and accurately are required.
•For all roles, any experience with PowerPoint, excel, word experience will be considered a plus yet not mandatory. Exposure to lean six sigma, continuous improvement practices, or training are additional assets for these roles yet not required.
•All roles do require the ability to manage and work in an environment requiring the capability to complete multiple tasks timely and effectively. Service members must be considered in good standing with their Chain of Command, have a clean background, and will be subject to pre-onboarding processes at the respective “host” company.
•To interested service members, we are interested in the skillsets you’ve attained throughout your Military career, so we encourage you to think beyond your MOS title and focus on your transferrable assets. Each internship offers the opportunity to develop job ready skillsets providing a fast track to potential civilian job placement.
Our industry is hiring! Your Military experience has developed skills we value.
Apply today and continue your service with a purpose!
The selected Military intern will be responsible for and will receive real-time on the job experience and biopharma industry training in the following operational areas:
• Will receive training and in basic processes and equipment and serves as a hands-on resource in Production
• Performs all assigned activities in a safe and cGMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) compliant manner.
Internship Training and Performed Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
• Cleaning, preparing, and sterilizing production equipment
• Cleaning and disinfecting production rooms
• Assembly, set-up, and disassembly of production equipment
• Executing process steps according to defined SOPs Standard Operating Procedures) and BPRs (Batch Production Records)
• Perform documenting activities in accordance with cGMPs
• Will receive training and learn handling of biologically and chemically hazardous goods
• Interfacing with process automation systems and electronic business systems (e.g, PAS, BAS, PLCs, LIMS, SAP, LiveLink)
• Supporting Qualification and Validation activities
• As part of training activities, will learn to identify and communicating process issues
• Supports team effort in the effective and timely completion of root cause investigations and CAPA (Corrective and Preventative Actions)
• Supports and contributes to a high performance teamwork environment
What is required for each Individual Military Internship role?
Your Military experience following SOP (standard operating procedures) and cGMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) are valued. Your ability to work in an environment requiring the ability to complete multiple tasks timely and accurately are required. For all roles, any experience with PowerPoint, Excel, MSWord will be considered a plus yet not mandatory. Exposure to lean six sigma processes, continuous improvement practices, or related training are additional assets for these roles. All roles require the ability to manage and work in a fast-paced environment requiring the capability to complete multiple tasks timely and effectively.
Position requirements are typical for a manufacturing plant-based work environment with significant shop floor exposure. Routine lifting, sitting, standing, walking and bending is required. Specific PPE requirements, including clean room gowning, is frequently required. The position routinely interacts with colleagues in manufacturing, engineering, utilities, calibration, technical operations, and quality control.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?