Job: Individual Military Internship -Calibration Technicians, NCBiotech Veterans Outreach Program, Loc: Seqirus-Holly Springs, NC
Individual Military Internship -Calibration Technicians
Loc: Seqirus-Holly Springs, NC 27540 United States
Manufacturing and Production
Individual Military Internship -Calibration Technician Biopharma Mfg.
NCBiotech Veterans Outreach Program - Intern Location: Seqirus-Holly Springs, NC
The ideal Military intern should have some Military instrumentation/calibration experience. In this internship role, you will receive job training to learn how to transition your military experience to biopharma manufacturing operations. Internship report hours/days will be determined based on assignment not to exceed 40 internship hours per week.
This Military internship offers the unique opportunity to receive real-time on-the-job experience in the following: Learn and perform calibration and instrumentation support for processes, operations, and buildings on site. Will perform work related to scheduled calibrations, preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance on instrumentation and control devices in compliance with facility procedures and work instructions.
Additional Information Regarding Each Internship:
•All roles are up to 12-16-weeks in length and require at minimum a H.S. diploma. For all internship roles, any Military experience following SOP (standard operating procedures) and/or good documentation practices are considered a plus. Your ability to work in an environment requiring the ability to complete multiple tasks timely and accurately are required.
•For all roles, any experience with PowerPoint, excel, word experience will be considered a plus yet not mandatory. Exposure to lean six sigma, continuous improvement practices, or training are additional assets for these roles yet not required.
•All roles do require the ability to manage and work in an environment requiring the capability to complete multiple tasks timely and effectively. Service members must be considered in good standing with their Chain of Command, have a clean background, and will be subject to pre-onboarding processes at the respective “host” company.
•To interested service members, we are interested in the skillsets you’ve attained throughout your Military career, so we encourage you to think beyond your MOS title and focus on your transferrable assets. Each internship offers the opportunity to develop job ready skillsets providing a fast track to potential civilian job placement.
Our industry is hiring! Your Military experience has developed skills we value.
Apply today and continue your service with a purpose!
The selected Military intern will be responsible for and will receive real-time on the job experience and biopharma industry training in the following operational areas:
• Maintains and performs corrective, preventative maintenance calibrations on GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) & non-GMP equipment.
• Provides recommendations for instrumentation / metrology spare parts and PM (preventative maintenance) procedures.
• May provide support of other departments to troubleshoot, test, repair and optimize instruments, equipment and control systems.
• Will be encourage to participate in the continuous improvement efforts within the site Maintenance Program.
• Assists in the maintenance and review of calibration standards and vendor calibration documentation.
• Under direction, perform calibration work for various customers (manufacturing and labs).
• Uses tools and software (CMMS, PAS, Pi, PLCs, LIMS, SAP) required to resolve equipment and process issues within all technical competencies
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?