Job: Sr. Associate Scientist (Analytical Development/Gene Therapy) – Contract, Frankel Staffing Partners, Raleigh, NC
OOur client, a rapidly-expanding biopharma that is developing cutting edge therapies for the treatment of rare genetic diseases and cancers with a strong genetic component, is actively recruiting for a highly motivated and skilled scientist to join its CMC Analytical Development team.
This role will focus on testing the biophysical, structural and molecular attributes of rAAV-based gene therapy candidates. This is an important role and company will pay excellent wage to attract and retain the right person.
Key Things to Note:
- This is a Palo Alto-based company with expanding operations in the RTP area. This position will be on-site at its Raleigh lab. Significant safety/COVID precautions are employed.
- This position will begin as a 6-8 month contract, with expectation of extension (and potential long-term opportunities) Ongoing expansion is planned.
- Role will involve executing assay and testing activities of rAAV-based candidates to enable their cGMP production and release. Familiarity with techniques including LC, CE, q/ddPCR, ELISA, SDS-PAGE, H/UPLC, MS will be important.
- This company is pursuing therapies for a wide range of life-altering conditions. There is a (very) strong patient-focus and we seek candidates who are driven to find solutions.
- This is an emerging environment with a pitch-in-where-you-can culture. Seek flexible and versatile candidate who enjoys a collaborative, high energy, low drama setting.
The Senior Associate Scientist will be a member of the CMC Analytical team and will work in partnership with the Non-Clinical Development, Upstream/Downstream Process/Formulation Development functions and external CROs to deliver products for clinical testing.
- Run analytical assays such as ddPCR, ELISA, LC and CE in support non-clinical, CMC and clinical development of gene therapy drug candidates
- Perform the testing of routine samples and maintain rapid turnaround times
- Document experimental data, results, and conclusions in an electronic laboratory notebook
- May contribute to method development and SOP writing
Targeted candidate will offer a BS or MS in related science and 2+ years of lab experience in biotechnology and/or the biopharmaceutical field.
Other priorities include:
- Experience with most of the following assays: LC-MS, q/ddPCR, ELISA, Gel Electrophoresis (CE and cIEF), SDS-PAGE, H/UPLC,
- Disciplined scientific documentation skills to support the writing of electronic notebook entries, SOPs, protocols and technical reports for internal documents and regulatory filings
- Strong quality orientation
- Unwavering commitment to the patient
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Finally, we seek an intellectually-curious team player who is professional, focused, level-headed, reliable and eager to contribute to the shared goals. There is a lot happening and priorities shift daily. We seek a self-motivated and get-things-done candidate who will thrive.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.
Frankel Staffing Partners proudly recruits on behalf of premier employers in the Triangle (and beyond). We specialize in Office Support, Life Science and other Professional Services positions. To view our current openings, please visit our website at www.frankelstaffing.com.