Job: Individual Military Internship -Mechanic/Utilities Tech Biopharma Mfg., NCBiotech Veterans Outreach Program, Intern Loc: Pfizer-Sanford, NC, NC
Maintenance Technician Individual Military Internship Summary:
The Military Internship is located at Pfizer-Sanford, NC.
The Military intern must have prior and/or current experience working in a mechanical, utilities, and/or electrical role. Internship report hours may be modified as needed to meet production requirements. In addition, the Military Intern will participate and complete the BioWork Certification program facilitated in partnership with Central Carolina Community College. This BioWork Certification program is recognized across the Life Sciences industry as a foundational learning program for individuals seeking to establish careers in biopharma manufacturing organizations. Minimum HS Diploma required. Military training certifications in maintenance, electrical, instrumentation, and Lean Six Sigma are desirable. Must have a clean background and be in good standing in your current Military position.
The Military intern will be responsible for and will receive real-time on the job experience and biopharma industry training in the following operational areas:
• Performing corrective maintenance activities on equipment in support of the continuous operation of the Sanford facility, including manufacturing, utilities and quality control equipment/systems
• Troubleshooting and repair of GMP equipment and systems
• Performing preventative and predictive maintenance on GMP equipment
Position may require specialized skills and knowledge such as welding, electrical, HVAC, refrigeration, pipe fitting, etc.
• Perform predictive, preventive and corrective maintenance activities for GMP equipment
• Document all work order activities in EAMS and relevant equipment logs
• Troubleshoot and resolve equipment issues in a timely manner utilizing DMAIC techniques
• Read and follow equipment schematics, logic diagrams and engineering drawings
• Support engineering projects to select and install appropriate equipment
• Perform duties in a safe manner
• Follow all SOP and cGMP requirements
• Lead and/or participate in continuous improvement activities as assigned
Position requirements are typical for a manufacturing plant-based work environment with significant shop floor exposure. Routine lifting, sitting, standing, walking and bending is required. Specific PPE requirements, including clean room gowning, is frequently required. The position routinely interacts with colleagues in manufacturing, engineering, utilities, calibration, technical operations, and quality control.
Additional Job Requirements:
What is required for each Individual Military Internship role?
• If you are Service Member in transition within five - six months of your Military exit date, we invite you to explore the following Individual Military Internships made available to you through the NCBiotech Veterans Outreach Program, the U.S. Army SFL-TAP/CSP program at Fort Bragg, NC, and the host Biopharma Mfg. Site.
• Transitioning Service Members should contact the Fort Bragg Soldier for Life - TAP/CSP team to secure eligibility and Military related participation requirements.
• This Military Internship is located at Pfizer-Sanford, NC. This Military Internship role is up to 12-16 weeks in length and requires at minimum a H.S. diploma.
Your Military experience following SOP (standard operating procedures) and cGMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) are valued. Your ability to work in an environment requiring the ability to complete multiple tasks timely and accurately are required. For all roles, any experience with PowerPoint, Excel, MSWord will be considered a plus yet not mandatory. Exposure to lean six sigma processes, continuous improvement practices, or related training are additional assets for these roles. All roles require the ability to manage and work in a fast-paced environment requiring the capability to complete multiple tasks timely and effectively.
To be considered, service members must be deemed eligible to participate according to all US Army CSP program requirements, considered in good standing with their Chain of Command, have a clean background, and will be subject to passing preboarding processes at the respective biopharma “host” company.
In the Life Sciences, we value the skills you’ve attained throughout your Military career, so we encourage you to think beyond your MOS title and focus on your transferable assets. These Military Internships represent an excellent opportunity to explore your next rewarding career with the Life Sciences!