Job: Individual Military Internship -Warehouse Operations Biopharma Mfg., NCBiotech Veterans Outreach Program, Intern Loc: Pfizer-Sanford, NC, NC
Warehouse Associate Individual Military Internship Summary:
This Military Internship is located at Pfizer-Sanford, NC.
The Military intern must have prior and/or current experience working in a warehouse type environment. Internship report hours/days will be determined based on assignment not to exceed 40 internship hours per week. In addition, the intern will participate and complete the BioWork Certification program facilitated in partnership with Central Carolina Community College. This BioWork Certification program is recognized across the Life Sciences industry as a foundational learning program for individuals seeking to establish careers in biopharma manufacturing organizations. Forklift certification and minimum high school diploma required. Military certifications and/or work experience in shipping/receiving, hazardous material handling, inventory processes, and Lean Six Sigma principals desired. Must have a clean background and be in good standing in your current Military position. Military experiences using SAP (G-Army) considered a plus for this internship role.
The selected Military intern will utilize their experience in:
• Military skills in receiving and distribution.
• Cycle count and inventory controls
• Stritch adherence to documentation and auditing of materials
• G-Army (or SAP in civilian terms) is a plus.
• Secured all U.S. Army Transition classroom work and eligibility requirements have been met.
• Must be within 180 days of your military exit date.
During this Military internship experience, you will receive real-time on the job experience and training. Throughout the internship program, under direction of supervision, you will be expected to perform work in following operational areas:
• Receiving and issuing GMP and non-GMP raw materials, critical processing aids, and consumables
• Will follow strict standard operating procedures (SOPs) to document receipt and movement of materials.
• Will deliver orders to manufacturing and support groups.
• May be assigned to cleaning GMP warehouse and sampling areas.
• May perform shipping of GMP and Non-GMP cold chain shipments both domestic and international.
• May perform physical inventories and maintain warehouse shipping and sampling inventory supplies.
• Perform inventory analysis and assist in supporting off-site warehouse volumes.
• Perform duties in a safe manner and follow all SOP and cGMP requirements.
• Responsible for proper documentation and record management actions
• Will participate in continuous improvement (Lean Six Sigma) activities as assigned.
Transitioning Service Members with 92A, 92Y, E4-E5 role experience may be the best fit; yet consideration is not limited to these Military roles or rank.
Position requires routine lifting, sitting, standing, walking and bending. Specific PPE requirements, including clean room gowning, may be required. The position routinely interacts with colleagues in manufacturing, engineering, utilities, calibration, technical operations, and quality control.
Additional Job Requirements:
What is required for each Individual Military Internship role?
• If you are Service Member in transition within five - six months (180 days) of your Military exit date, we invite you to explore the following Individual Military Internships made available to you through the NCBiotech Veterans Outreach Program, the U.S. Army Transition Assistance/CSP program at Fort Bragg, NC., and the host Biopharma Mfg. Site.
• Transitioning Service Members should contact the Fort Bragg Transition Assistance/CSP team to you have met all required eligibility and Military related participation requirements.
• This Military Internship is located at Pfizer-Sanford, NC. This Military Internship role is up to 12-16 weeks in length and requires at minimum a H.S. diploma. This role does not require a scientific background. Additional education or certification programs obtained during your Military career are considered a plus.
Your Military experience following SOP (standard operating procedures) and cGMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) are valued. Your ability to work in an environment requiring the ability to complete multiple tasks timely and accurately are required. For all roles, any experience with PowerPoint, Excel, MSWord will be considered a plus yet not mandatory. Exposure to lean six sigma processes, continuous improvement practices, or related training are additional assets for these roles. All roles require the ability to manage and work in a fast-paced environment requiring the capability to complete multiple tasks timely and effectively.
To be considered, service members must be deemed eligible to participate according to all US Army CSP program requirements, considered in good standing with their Chain of Command, have a clean background, and will be subject to passing pre-boarding processes at the respective biopharma “host” company.
In the Life Sciences, we value the skills you’ve attained throughout your Military career, so we encourage you to think beyond your MOS title and focus on your transferable assets. These Military Internships represent an excellent opportunity to explore your next rewarding career with the Life Sciences!