Job: Scientist, Product Applications, Cell Microsystems, Inc., Durham, NC
Scientist, Product Applications
Durham, NC 27713 United States
Research and Development
Cell Microsystems is an early growth stage company located in Research Triangle Park, NC that develops, manufactures, and markets innovative products for single cell biology research.
Join a rapidly growing early stage company with proven commercial success that is developing exciting new life sciences technologies. Be a key player in the development and application of technology and products that will have a major impact on the CRISPR gene editing, single cell genomics, cell line development, cellular imaging, cell sorting, and flow cytometry fields. Reporting into the Product Applications Team, Scientist is a dynamic role that allows you to use your scientific and technical skills to interact with and enable a wide range of applications across different scientific disciplines using Cell Microsystems’ proprietary technology and consumables. The position is based at the Company’s location in Durham, NC.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for customer-facing support activity, both in-person and remotely
• Communicate with users to enhance their experience, troubleshoot technical issues, and work towards protocol optimization
• Help design and execute customer product applications
• Laboratory and field-based role focused on developing novel product application workflows for Cell Microsystems technology
• Develop standard operating procedures
• Support the sales team through technical seminars and presentations
• Travel to customer sites for pre- and post-sale technical support
• Document technical support requests, apply knowledge gained, and provide feedback to the Company
• Participate in conferences, tradeshows, and workshops
• PhD 0+ years, MS 8+ years, or BS 10 years research experience in cell biology, immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field
• Experience with cell culture and cell-based assay development (stem cell or 3D cell experience is preferred)
• Hands on experience with molecular biology techniques including DNA, RNA, and protein isolation, cellular biology methods (CRISPR gene editing, transfections, immunofluorescence), and analytical testing (i.e. ELISA, Western blot, qPCR)
• Experience with fluorescence-based microscopy and image analysis
• Experience with next generation sequencing is desirable but not required
• Familiarity with biological material and safety protocols
• Ability to work independently and on an interdisciplinary team
• Exemplary organization, protocol writing, and data analysis skills
• Strong interpersonal communication and customer-facing skill
• Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
• Must be able to work in US
We offer a competitive compensation package along with equity, benefits and opportunities for advancement in. For confidential consideration, please submit a resume with a cover letter and salary history. For confidential consideration, apply direct at email@example.com
Cell Microsystems is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Recruiting Agencies, Please Note:
Cell Microsystems will not accept unsolicited assistance from recruiting/search agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by recruiting or search agencies to any employee at Cell Microsystems via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search/recruitment agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Cell Microsystems. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Cell Microsystems as a result of the referral or through other means.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?