Job: Research Associate, Shattuck Labs, Research Triangle Park, NC
Shattuck Labs (www.shattucklabs.com) is a clinical-stage immunotherapy company focused on utilizing its proprietary ARC (Agonist Redirected Checkpoint) technology to develop novel treatments for use in cancer, inflammation and orphan disease. The ARC platform overcomes a number of hurdles in current cancer immunotherapeutics, and with its robust pipeline of therapeutic candidates, Shattuck Labs is positioned to succeed in the rapidly growing, and exciting field of immunotherapy.
About the Position
Reporting to the VP of R&D, the Research Associate III, will support the execution of pre-clinical assays for validating products that are anticipated to enter the clinic in the near future. This role will include tasks such as Western blot, MSD, ELISA, mammalian cell culture, DNA cloning, mouse in vivo experimentation, etc. The candidate must be comfortable working both independently, under the supervision of the R&D team, and be able to interact cross-functionally with clinical, regulatory, and CMC colleagues.
1. Molecular characterization of new candidates; experience with ELISA, MSD, Western blot, PCR, DNA transformation/bacterial cell culture, and flow cytometry/FACS
2. Assay development, optimization, qualification, and validation experience is a plus
2. Cell culture (mammalian - adherent and suspension); sterile technique, primary cell culture, and transfection
3. Mouse models of cancer and inflammation; ability to handle and perform procedures on mice (injections; subcutaneous, IV, IP, IT; necropsy, etc.)
4. Lab organization and maintenance; ordering reagents and supplies, stocking the lab with solutions/glassware, maintaining equipment service contracts.
5. Computer proficiency; MS word, excel, powerpoint, Graphpad prism, flowjo, etc
6. Interact with multiple colleagues in a dynamic environment. Be willing to take on new projects outside the ‘normal’ course of business. Be highly motivated.
7. Co-author supporting technical documentation (SOPs, regulatory submissions, abstracts, manuscripts)
8. Collect and analyze data and maintain compliant records of laboratory research
-B.S. / M.S. in Biology or related field, with 3 or more years performing similar research in an industry setting
-Course work in immunology or cancer biology is a plus.
-A successful candidate must possess exceptional attention to detail, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, and demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving ability.
-Must have the ability to perform several tasks simultaneously to meet critical deadlines and the independent initiative to solve interdisciplinary problems.
-Candidate must be sharp, self-motivated, and able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic biotech environment where flexibility, tolerability to rapid change, and drive to make a significant impact is essential.
-Must enjoy working in collaboration with others and small teams to achieve goals through effective building of relationships with co-workers.