Job: Assay Development Scientist, Shattuck Labs, Research Triangle Park, NC
Shattuck Labs (www.shattucklabs.com) is developing breakthrough therapies for immunotherapy, which harnesses the human immune system to improve survival for patients battling cancer and inflammatory disease. Shattuck has pioneered the development of dual-sided Fc fusion proteins with the Agonist Redirected Checkpoint (ARC) platform technology. Two compounds from the platform are currently being tested in clinical trials (SL-279252 and SL-172154). In multiple published studies, ARC therapeutics have significantly outperformed traditional antibody-based therapeutics, and we believe that the dual-functionality of the ARC platform positions our product candidates with best-in-class potential as compared to traditional antibody therapeutics. Over 300 product candidates have been generated from the ARC platform and are poised for IND-enabling studies. Shattuck Labs, based in Austin, Texas, is a privately held biotechnology company founded in 2016. The R&D hub for Shattuck Labs is based in Research Triangle Park, NC.
About the Position
The Principal Scientist for Bioanalytical Method Development and Validation will be responsible for the design, development and validation of a series of pharmacokinetic assays, immunogenicity assays, potency assays and receptor occupancy assays necessary to support non-clinical development of ARC therapeutics. This is primarily a bench-scientist position, but will also involve technology transfer of validated methods to external CROs and subsequent collaboration with CROs on method validation and sample analysis.
You will report to the Director of Nonclinical Development, and work closely with the internal R&D team at Shattuck. This is a full-time position based in Research Triangle Park, NC. Shattuck will provide a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
• Lead all analytical method development and validation activities for Shattuck
• Design and execute: ELISA and MSD-based pharmacokinetic and immunogenicity assays, Luminex and MSD-based serum cytokine analysis, ELISA and cell-based potency assays, etc.
• Interpret method development data from each of the above assays, evaluate performance in relevant matrix samples, then design and execute method validation activities for each assay.
• Evaluate significance of data and report findings.
• Prepare study summaries, method protocols and/or reports.
• Facilitate method transfer to CROs
Required Qualifications and Skills
• The successful candidate will hold an advanced degree in Analytical Chemistry or Chemistry
o Ph.D. degree
o Direct experience on method development of bioanalytical assays using MSD
o Prior CRO or biotechnology/pharmaceutical experience preferred
• Proven ability to collaborate with other functional areas within the company.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong technical writing experience required.
• Able to multi-task productively, applying time management processes and procedures effectively for on time delivery.
• Technically capable of determining what is wrong in complex situations and offering potential solutions, identifying root cause of a problem and working with others to correct problems.
• Works toward common goals by supporting, encouraging and sharing information with colleagues.
• Speaks, writes, listens and presents information in a logical and articulate manner.