Job: Experienced Product Manager (IT Solutions/Clinical Data) – Direct Hire/Top, Frankel Staffing Partners, RTP, NC
Our client, an RTP area organization that is developing innovative and impactful tools to enhance the methods by which cancer research is conducted, is actively recruiting for an exceedingly competent Product Manager to direct all efforts related to its leading asset, a clinical data sharing platform.
This platform provides one place where the research community can broadly share, integrate and analyze historical, patient-level cancer data with the goal of advancing future research. It is complex, regulated, and critically important. The user/contributor community is constantly expanding, and new research initiatives and platform demands are continuously arising.
It is essential that we have the right candidate in place to oversee all operations and constituent relations. Client will pay industry leading wage to attract and retain a star.
Key Things to Note:
• This is a broad-based role that includes day-to-day oversight of platform operations, onboarding of new research programs, user support, process improvement and serving as both champion and SME for the platform. It is a strategic and tactical role that requires substantial technical know-how as well as honed project leadership skills, communication skills (technical and non-technical constituents) and relationship-building skills.
• To date the platform has primarily housed Phase II/III clinical trial data. Upcoming initiatives will involve diverse data sets including images, real world data, genomics, etc., and will require custom applications. The Product Manager will work with Project Teams to understand their data requirements, develop a customization roadmap and direct Software Engineers on execution.
• Much of the programming work is performed by SAS Software Engineers. SAS knowledge will be important. Java, C+, Python, CNN, Machine Learning fundamentals would all be valuable.
• Engaging partners and collaborators will be largely dependent on maximizing value and optimizing the user experience. This Product Manager will drive all initiatives to develop program enhancements.
• This is an emerging setting in which policies, practices and programs are still being developed. Goals are clear but they are evolving. Strategies and tactics are regularly being enhanced. Seek a thinker, a doer and a leader; someone who will contribute broadly and significantly, despite barriers and/or redirection.
Skill Sets and Responsibilities:
This Product Manager will run the data sharing platform “end-to-end.” S/he will need to know what to do and how to do it. Seek candidate who demonstrates experience and excellence in managing an IT asset. Comprehensive understanding of how the platform operates, its strengths and limitations and opportunities for improvement and expansion will be essential.
Communication, Presentation and Public Relations
The Product Manager will communicate with a broad base of internal and external stakeholders. The core assets of the organization are the data sharing platform, the portfolio of research programs, and the synergy between the two. The Product Manager will be instrumental in identifying and executing opportunities that will lead to increasing the organization’s impact on oncology research and oncology patients. We seek a champion.
This Product Manager will transform ideas and innovative solutions into actionable initiatives. Seek outcome-driven candidate with proven experience in operating and developing an IT platform that meets customer needs.
This Product Manager will regularly interface with oncology experts as well as other representatives from industry, academia and government. S/he will have a unique opportunity to generate a sense of urgency related to awareness of cancer as a major health problem and the opportunity to use big data and big data science to unlock important opportunities in cancer research. We seek a superb relationship-builder and influencer.
Passionate About the Fight Against Cancer
Our mission is to reduce the burden of cancer on people, organizations, and communities. Seek candidate who is passionate about cancer education, prevention, treatment, and survivorship.
• Bachelor’s degree in technical or scientific major required; Master’s preferred
• Experience supporting Information Technology projects
• Experience supporting life sciences, clinical research or healthcare projects
• Experience with one or more programming languages (SAS expected)
• Knowledge of cancer research and clinical trial data
Finally, this is a dynamic, empowered, collaborative and mission-driven setting. Seek insightful, self-directed and extremely competent professional who gets things done.
This is an immediate need and a Direct Hire opportunity. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates targeted at this time.