Job: Scientist - Cellular and Molecular Biologist (Full-time), Mucommune, LLC., Durham, NC
Scientist - Cellular and Molecular Biologist (Full-time)
Durham, NC 27709 United States
Salary and benefits commensurate with education and experience
Research and Development
- Research: Develop and perform laboratory experiments involving drug delivery, immunoassays, mammalian/bacterial cell culture and material engineering to support preclinical R&D for a controlled release device designed to deliver biologics. Must be able to execute experiments independently, and work closely with senior executives to ensure successful, on-time executions of assays, validations, and sample analyses. Main experiments to be performed include production and characterization of antibodies and other proteins, microscopy, and cGMP cell line development.
Apply scientific methods and critical thinking/analytical skills to design and execute experiments efficiently (prepare SOPs), perform data and statistical analysis, draw conclusions from results, write reports, contribute to grants, and perform oral presentations/posters. May also serve as study-coordinator on an IRB protocol to obtain human mucus/semen specimens from female/male subjects via a self-administered protocol, and interact with the participants to obtain informed consent and coordinate collection of specimens.
- Administrative: As member of a startup company, will need to perform some administrative duties such as placing and logging purchases and ensuring compliance with Environmental Health and Safety requirements.
- Background: Molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, biomedical engineering or a related field with broad bioanalytical background
- Technical Skills: Basic molecular biology skills (ELISA, gel electrophoresis, Western blots); mammalian cell/bacterial culture. Experience in production and characterization of biologics or cloning techniques is preferred.
- Communication Skills: Strong oral and written communication skills for team collaboration.
- Other: Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment is essential. Must be a creative and detail-oriented individual, who is able to multi-task and work effectively and independently as well as within teams to meet objectives under time constraints. Flexibility to work outside normal working hours of 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Education: Minimum BA / BS with 3 years of relevant experience
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?