Job: Technical Services Manager, BioResource International, Inc., Durham, NC
This position will support the global launch and ongoing sales and marketing of products within the BRI portfolio. In this position, the individual will work strategically, technically and tactically with domestic and international distribution partners and key customers along with internal BRI resources, specifically the Executive Sales Manager, Sales Specialists and Consultants, to support successful business and sales growth. This position will be the Go-To Position for any technical issues with any of BRI’s products. In addition, this position will interface closely with the R&D functions at BRI to ensure a coordinated development effort is maintained in support of BRI products as identified and to ensure BRI is promoting and maintaining a scientifically validated presence in the feed additive market
• Support the successful global launch of products and act as a technical resource.
• Support the Sales organization directly in achieving annual objectives and sales targets.
• Act as a liaison between Sales, Marketing, R&D and Operations to provide technical guidance and application knowledge that benefits the end user (customer) with the objective to increase sales and market penetration through a greater understanding of the technical advantages of our products.
• Take a lead role in developing successful animal trials for product technical research, through regional institutional partners and with customers and distribution partners in the field as a prelude to sales and on an ongoing basis with customers.
• Support the sales and marketing requirements of international distributors specifically to include training, joint sales calls, animal trials at the customer location as well as developing/providing appropriate marketing and sales collateral.
• Troubleshoot / analyze product technical issues and in collaboration with the internal BRI team, push towards resolution in a timely manner. Work to ensure overall customer satisfaction with BRI product performance as well as subsequent products.
• Work with BRI’s R&D team to identify research needs and priorities in support of products.
• Manage and solve conflicts with customers and provide technical support for distribution partners and their customer’s needs.
• Support the sales and marketing requirements of distributors including training
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Experience / Qualifications:
• Experience: 2 to 5 years of experience in the animal nutrition/animal health industries/feed formulation, with experience in the poultry industry preferred.
• A minimum of M.S. degree in Animal Nutrition is required, with an advanced degree in animal nutrition or related field (Ph.D. or DVM) preferred.
• Position entails significant travel (30-35%) including international travel to Asia, Latin America and other international regions as the need requires.
• Fluency in written & spoken English is a must
Behaviors & Key Performance Factors
• Strong oral and written communication skills – as well as the ability to build rapport at multiple levels in an organization.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong time / project management skills including the ability to create and implement a plan
• Independent / takes initiative / self-starter
• Ability to communicate technical issues to a broad, international audience – supported by strong technical knowledge in the field
• A proven track of scientific presentations and Scientific/ peer-reviewed journal publications
• Strong interpersonal skills – ability to build trust and respect with people of various backgrounds.
This position is subject to have direct supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
This position entails high travel (at least 30%) both domestic and international
The company is a privately held global biotechnology company with headquarters in the USA. The company is specialized in the research, development and manufacture of high-performance enzyme and probiotics feed additives that help poultry and swine producers optimize animal nutrition and gut health.
Our products are effective tools for managing rising feed costs and variable feed ingredient quality in a way that is safe for animals, humans and the environment. The solutions presented to the animal feed industry have a profound impact, resulting in a significant reduction in feed costs while sustaining optimum production. Such solutions improve the overall nutritional performance of monogastric animals while reducing the impact of moderate disease challenges.
Company actively engages in collaboration with scientists and entrepreneurs for discovery, development and commercialization within our core applications areas, as well as in partnership with forward-thinking companies targeting complementary applications of our technology platforms.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
This position operates primarily in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.