Research and Development
NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: Associate Scientist- Full Time, ImmunoReagents, Inc., Raleigh, NC
Associate Scientist- Full Time
Raleigh, NC 27607 United States
6003 Chapel Hill Road
Salary based upon experience and skills
Standard work hours 8:30 - 5:00
Employer paid health, dental and vision insurance
Five paid sick time (annual)
Three weeks paid vacation (cumulative)
Employer match for “Simple IRA” contributions
Nine paid holidays (annual)
Manufacturing and Production
Research and Development
ImmunoReagents, Inc. is a well-established biotechnology company located in Raleigh, NC, specializing in the manufacture of polyclonal antibodies and other antibody-related products, as well as reagents used in the life sciences and in vitro diagnostic markets. From our 6,500 sq. ft. manufacturing facility to our world-wide distribution of products, ImmunoReagents’ is a proven leader in antibody reagent manufacturing. All our products are manufactured following cGMP guidelines and ISO QSR system requirements.
The ideal candidate will be able to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced manufacturing environment under tight production deadlines. Qualified candidates must be able to follow written instructions without deviation, utilize good documentation practices and have excellent attention for details. The successful candidate must be a team player and work well within a small group environment under the supervision of senior staff and laboratory management. This position will report to the Production Supervisor.
• Purification of antibodies using downstream purification techniques (affinity chromatography)
• Coupling antibodies and antigens to resin
• Conjugation to various fluorophores and proteins
• Immunoelectrophoresis, SDS-PAGE, HPLC and various other assays as required
• Routine maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment following QSR guidelines
• Buffer preparation and documentation
• Final product filling and labeling
• Lyophilization of products
• Performing complex mathematical calculations
• Record-keeping in an assigned laboratory notebook
• Working with hazardous chemical and biological materials
• Washing laboratory dishware and equipment
• Writing and revising MPBR’s and SOP's under cGMP guidelines
Preferred Education and Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Bioprocessing, Biomanufacturing, Biochemistry or related field
o (Minimum) Associates Degree in a scientific discipline with 1+ years of experience
• At least 1 year of experience in a cGMP or laboratory environment
• Experience in downstream protein/antibody purification
• AKTA systems experience with UNICORN systems software
Physical Demands: The ratings in the chart below indicate the percentage of time spent on each of the essential physical requirements.
Seldom—Less than 25% = 1
Occasional—25-50% = 2
Often—51-75% = 3
Very Frequent—76 % and above = 4
Ratings Essential Physical Requirements
2 Ability to work at a desk, conference table or in meetings of various configurations.
2 Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
2 Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
4 Ability to see for purposes of reading printed matter.
3 Ability to hear and understand speech at normal levels.
3 Ability to communicate so others will be able to clearly understand a normal conversation.
2 Ability to bend, twist and work in confined spaces.
2 Ability to lift 50 pounds.
2 Ability to carry 50 pounds.
3 Ability to operate office equipment.
2 Ability to reach in all directions.
1 Ability to climb stairways and/or ladders.
This position is not approved for relocation expenses.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center