Job: Research Scientist, PrimeNeuro, Durham, NC
PrimeNeuro is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated Research Scientist who is excited to apply their skills to healthcare data to improve outcomes for families living with autism. This role will work within the research and development team to develop and apply algorithms for MRI image analysis, including: MRI analysis pipeline development, data review, data cleaning, and development of new methods for extracting features from MRI data.
• Design, develop, and test algorithms for data cleaning, image analysis, pipeline development, and feature extraction from MRI data
• Clean, manage, and analyze MRI data used in clinical assessment.
• Research and development of new methods for analyzing MRI data used in the assessment of autism and other intellectual and developmental disabilities.
• Ph.D. or Master’s in biomedical engineering, electrical and computer engineering, medical physics, or similar experience with a focus on MRI image analysis
• 3-5 years of experience in applied image analysis work, including pipeline development and volume and surface analysis
• Self-starter with a passion for image processing and data analytics and a tolerance for ambiguity
Skills / Competencies
• Software Skills - proficiency with Matlab or Python, including standard image analysis toolboxes
• MRI Analysis Skills – data analysis pipeline development; raw data analysis using standard MRI analysis software; registration and atlas development; data cleaning; volume, surface, tract, and functional analysis; and statistical analysis of data
o Experience with both structural, functional, DTI, and functional data
o Experience with machine learning methods for image analysis, feature clustering, or feature classification
o Experience with high performance computing, cluster computing, or scalable cloud computing methods for batch data analysis of large data sets