NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: Scientist I, Quality Control, Tergus Pharma, Durham, NC
Scientist I, Quality Control
Durham, NC 27713 United States
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
• Well versed with various chromatographic techniques with main focus on HPLC.
• Carry out laboratory work as directed by senior laboratory personnel.
• Conduct routine analytical experiments using established analytical methods and procedures.
• Assist with assembling data packs.
• May include conducting routine analytical experiments using established analytical methods and procedures, including in vitro release testing techniques.
• Data entry into spreadsheets, as directed by senior laboratory personnel.
• Verify simple transcription processes, such as checking peak areas entered from chromatograms into spreadsheets.
• Support testing for investigations for OOS, OOT, and aberrant results and troubleshooting.
• Review and maintain laboratory notebooks.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
• B.S with 0-2 years' experience, or M.S with 1-2 years of experience: focus in chemistry, pharmaceutics or related scientific discipline
• Must have experience in HPLC, testing, and troubleshooting
• Dissolution experience preferred
• Technical report writing proficiency preferred
• Experience with other general laboratory instruments
• Proficiency in Empower and MS Excel
• Speaks, writes, listens and presents information in a logical and articulate manner appropriate for the audience
• Thorough when performing work, conscientious about attending to detail, and uses logical thinking that is well-organized and methodical and has a right first time mentality
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center