Job: Director, Global Supply Chain (Sterile Products) – RTP Pharma/Top $$, Frankel Staffing Partners, RTP, NC
Our client, an established and expanding RTP-based pharmaceutical company, is actively recruiting for a very sharp and knowledgeable candidate to assume its Director of Global Supply Chain position
This is one of the fastest growing companies in the Triangle and, at this point in the company’s growth, it is important to engage a strategic, forward-thinking leader who will bring a Best Practices approach to its global Supply Chain efforts. Company will pay excellent wage to attract and retain a star.
Key things to note:
• This global company has a European manufacturing plant as well as CMOs in the US and abroad. Right candidate will have extensive experience leading Supply Chain for a global company with both internal and external manufacturers and distributors.
• These are sterile products needing cold chain distribution. Expertise in both will be important.
• This is a hands-on role. This Director will supervise one Specialist and oversee all aspects of Supply Chain including demand planning, import/export, cost containment, cold chain strategies, serialization, vendor oversight, etc. We seek a strategist and a tactician who gets things done.
• Multiple launches are planned. Demonstrated ability to lead a commercial launch will be important.
• Company relies on complex Excel modeling for demand planning. Seek Excel expert who brings the knowledge and ingenuity to develop and implement upgraded systems. SAP exposure would be valuable.
Selected responsibilities include:
o Drives the successful development and implementation of global supply chain strategy to include establishment of necessary company infrastructure, policies, procedures, and budgets
• Leads supply-demand planning and translation of company demand into commercial production plans for entire manufacturing network. Leads Global Sales and Operations Planning activities (S&OP) to ensure coordination of production plan across entire network.
• Develops complex models to evaluate manufacturing scenarios and develop risk mitigation strategies. Leverages automated platforms to streamline and optimize production and scenario planning models.
o Ensures import/export of product between USA and ROW is in compliance with all regulations
o Ensures all necessary carriers, shipping containers, temperature controls, shipping studies and monitoring devices are in place and validated to support cold chain distribution of product
o Leads supply-demand planning, coordination of manufacturing plans and defining risk mitigation strategies
? Works with Commercial, Manufacturing and Quality to ensure that adequate supply
? Ensures that backup manufacturing resources are in place to avoid failure of supply
o Partners with Company leadership to develop commercial launch plans for commercial products
o Negotiates agreements with 3rd party manufacturers and manages supplier’s performance against requirements
o Promotes best practices with respect to efficiency and cost containment
? Defines and reports on Supply Chain metrics
? Leads projects to standardize, simplify, automate and continuously improve processes
o Ensures current DSCSA (serialization) requirements are in place, and aligned with serialization strategy
Ideal candidate will offer a related degree and 10+ years of increasingly responsible roles in global pharmaceutical supply chain management including substantial experience with sterile products.
Other priorities include:
? Substantial experience directing the work of global CMOs
? Knowledge of product serialization requirements for the US and ROW
? Knowledge of cold chain distribution requirements and best practices
? Exceptional Excel modeling skills
? Knowledge of ERP/MRP computerized control systems,
? Experience implementing Supply Agreements
? Extensive experience with worldwide distribution including import/export regulations and strategies.
? Outstanding project management and team leadership skills
Finally and critically, we seek a candidate who will thrive in this emerging setting. A process improvement-focused candidate who enjoys developing the blueprint for a growing operation. The future is very bright. We seek a candidate who will contribute and thrive.
Compensation will be generous and include an industry-leading base, bonus and benefits. Local candidates targeted.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.
Frankel Staffing Partners proudly recruits on behalf of premier employers in the Triangle (and beyond). We specialize in Office Support, Life Science and other Professional Services positions. To view our current openings, please visit our website at www.frankelstaffing.com.