Research and Development
NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: Sr. Associate Scientist, Advanced Recruiting Partners, Durham, NC
Sr. Associate Scientist
Durham, NC 27703 United States
Research and Development
We are currently hiring for a full time Sr. Associate Scientist for a biopharmaceutical company in RTP that partners with the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry on drug discovery programs primarily focused on ion channel and membrane transporter targets!
There is an opening for a talented scientist to join the biology team. This is a full-time, laboratory-based position offering an opportunity to play key roles in identifying Client drug candidates and advancing drug development projects. The ideal candidate will have experience in a broad set of cellular and molecular biology techniques with a fundamental understanding of molecular biology. The successful candidate will be capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously while working as part of a core team. The work will be fast-paced and process-oriented in a dynamic environment which is predicated upon continuous improvement where everyone is encouraged to contribute to improving laboratory efficiency.
The ideal candidate will have the below qualifications!
• Maintain 10-15 mammalian cell culture lines using aseptic technique (cell harvesting, counting, seeding for functional testing, and cell cryopreservation).
• Responsible for cell culture maintenance, reagent preparation, cell plating for use in assays, culture expansion, cryopreservation, cell line generation and membrane preparation.
• Comfortable with the flexible nature of a data driven environment, proactive communication style and exceptional organization skills, and will be able to multitask effectively.
• Individual will be an integral member of the in vitro pharmacology team supporting multiple target screening and lead drug candidate optimization projects.
• Candidates will also be expected to contribute to laboratory support duties that are associated with operating a productive pharmaceutical industry research group.
• Perform molecular biology techniques including DNA/RNA isolation, restriction enzyme digestion, RT-PCR, and DNA sequence and DNA analysis.
• Requires BS in biology or related field with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in a research or drug discovery laboratory environment.
• Hands-on experience with aseptic techniques related to mammalian cell culture.
• Aseptic technique and experience with Cho and Hek293 base cells lines
• Strong ability to multi-task and willingness to work effectively across teams in highly collaborative and diverse environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, record keeping skills (with strong attention to detail)
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center