Research and Development
NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: RESEARCH ASSOCIATE-TRANSLATIONAL MEDICINE- Immunology, Asklepios BioPharmaceuticals Inc, Durham, NC
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE-TRANSLATIONAL MEDICINE- Immunology
Durham, NC 27709 United States
Research and Development
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is a privately held AAV gene therapy-based company founded in 2001 in response to parents and patient advocates seeking treatment for rare, genetically derived and life-threatening childhood illnesses. AskBio’s scientific platform is based on the work of Dr. Jude Samulski and Dr. Xiao Xiao. The Company’s history has been largely mission driven to help patients without other options; AskBio carries on this patient-focused mission today. AskBio is headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina.
We are excited for our next RESEARCH ASSOCIATE-TRANSLATIONAL MEDICINE- Immunology to join the AskBio team!
About the role:
Research Associate in Translational Medicine at AskBio will be one of the key laboratory members who will have an opportunity to learn and contribute to the development of immunogenicity assays in support of our gene therapy programs. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is looking to build-up on his/ her experience in basic cell biology and immunology lab skills by being involved in planning and execution of pre-clinical studies and clinical samples assessment to advance the programs to clinical trials. This position will report to Translational Medicine Group Lead.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Take ownership of executing immuno- and cell-based assays under the guidance of supervisor.
• Maintain a laboratory notebook or binder with worksheets recording details of performed
experiments according to good documentation practices.
• Maintain inventories and/ or place orders of reagents and materials needed for the assigned projects
projects for timely execution of related lab work.
• Perform data analysis and interpret the results accurately.
• Contribute to drafting the reports and presentations for technical discussions and/ or investigations
with internal and external stakeholders.
• MS/ BS in Immunology, Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Virology or related field with 1-4 years
of experience in industry or academia or combination of both.
• Must possess basic lab skills such as adhering to biosafety and chemical hygiene guidelines (training
provided) and making reagents at desired dilutions or concentrations.
• Must have demonstrated experience in the performing cell culture work, bright-field microscopy and
• Preferred experience in the immunological monitoring of antigen B and T cell responses, particularly
multiparametric flow cytometry, ELISPOT, antibody titration, epitope mapping and/or transcriptional
profiling in preclinical and clinical samples.
• Experience with immunohistochemistry in-situ analysis, RNAscope and statistical tools such as
GraphPad Prism or similar, a strong plus.
• Must possess basic office skills such as using a PC and working with MS office tools (Word, Excel and
• Must be self-motivated, organized, capable of working independently as well as a team contributor.
• Must possess strong oral and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with teams, internally and externally.
We offer a competitive total rewards package. Are you our next great discovery?
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center