Job: Senior Project Manager (Gene Therapy/Full Cycle Development) – Top $$, Frankel Staffing Partners, RTP, NC
Our client, an RTP biotech that is doing cutting-edge research in the field on gene therapy, is actively recruiting for an exceedingly competent and knowledgeable Project Manager to drive the development of its rich and growing portfolio of products. This is a critical and impactful role within the organization and company will pay industry-leading wage to retain and attract a star.
Key Things to Note:
• This company and its leaders have been on the forefront of the gene therapy industry. They seek leaders who are similarly innovative, visionary and resourceful.
• Role will involve directing cross-functional teams and ensuring smart project team planning and operational execution --- from early development to regulatory approval and beyond.
• The company relies on CMOs and third-party testing labs for certain development elements. Seek candidate accustomed to directing the work of outsourced vendors.
• This is an emerging company in building mode. Right candidate will be a hands-on leader who will successfully develop strategies, tactics, policies and procedures for a growing and changing organization.
This is a broad-based role that will require a comprehensive knowledge of drug development, scheduling and forecasting software (e.g., MS Project) as well as Best Practice strategies for Project Management. We seek a very sharp and savvy full cycle PM who can effectively pull together all stakeholders and resources and drive them towards a successful conclusion.
• Partner with project teams and external collaborators to ensure accurate, integrated project planning at the medicine, indication and study level
• Participate in and contribute to cross-functional and functional teams to discuss, review, and optimize protocol/project/program schedules and resource management plans
• Monitor progress of project activities towards next project milestone, anticipate and highlight potential variances, support line/team in critical path analyses, and partner with Clinical Operations and project team to identify/recommend solutions to schedule risk
• Perform scenario planning of project timelines within and across protocols and therapeutic area to enable optimum use of local, global, and outsourced resources
• Contribute to risk management through the identification of operational and project/program risks for discussion with appropriate team leadership. Participate in team discussions to develop options to resolve issues
• Manage program budgets through the oversight of external vendors and internal spend
• Produce what-if scenario analyses (base, optimistic and pessimistic development) based on context obtained from project team members
• Provide timely reporting to the project teams, alerting them to the possibility of endangered/missed or conflicting milestones and critical path activities
• Utilize reporting and visualization tools to support governance and team reporting needs
• Contribute to continuous improvement of project plans, plan generation, plan utilization, report creation/development processes, and/or systems/process integration.
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree and 5+ years of increasingly responsible roles in drug development, including 3+ years leading complex development projects in a multi-disciplinary environment (PMP expected). Gene therapy bkgd is desirable but will consider candidates from biologics or related specialties.
Extensive knowledge of all phases and aspects of development (including CMC, Regulatory, Clinical, Quality, Commercial Launch, etc). will be important. In addition, we seek a technology-savvy candidate who understands the Project Management tools available and how they are optimized in a best practices setting.
Finally, and critically, will be an impressive track record of project management results. We seek a process improvement-focused Project Leader who can enhance procedures, process and protocol; One with the demonstrated ability to drive projects through to completion by proactively coordinating the efforts of external and internal partners, within reasonable budgetary restrictions, and in compliance with deadlines and regulatory/company requirements.
Growth potential is extensive and immediate rewards will be generous.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates targeted.
Frankel Staffing Partners proudly recruits on behalf of premier employers in the Triangle (and beyond). We specialize in Office Support, Life Science and other Professional Services positions. To view our current openings, please visit our website at www.frankelstaffing.com.