Job: Director, Medical and Scientific Affairs – NC Pharma/Top $$, Frankel Staffing Partners, Raleigh, NC
Our client, a successful and expanding specialty pharmaceutical company headquartered in Research Triangle Park, NC, is actively recruiting for a highly skilled and knowledgeable industry leader to assume broad-based role on its Medical and Scientific Affairs team. This position will report to the Chief Scientific Officer (CSO) and lead numerous initiatives and programs.
Company will pay outstanding wage to attract the right candidate. While NC candidates are preferred, client is open to remote candidates who can readily travel to Raleigh.
Key Things to Note:
• This Company has an impressive portfolio of marketed products, a rich and expanding pipeline and aggressive plans for growth.
• This Director will be the go-to on a wide range of functions involving Medical Affairs (including publications/medical communications), Life Cycle Management, Collaborator Research, amongst others. Exceptional writing and communications will be a must.
• This Director/ED will be a key deputy to the CSO. The CSO and this Director will partner on strategy/planning, and this Director will drive execution. Right candidate will demonstrate strategic, innovative thinking that integrates strong scientific ability with an understanding of global product strategies. Further, this position requires superb project management skills. We seek a strategist and a tactician.
• This is an emerging, highly dynamic company - priorities shift, new information develops, unexpected barriers occur, exciting new opportunities emerge. The CSO and this Director will be pulled into new projects, problems, and potential opportunities. Right candidate will thrive when challenged and will readily and pragmatically adapt to change.
Position will involve working with the Chief Scientific Officer to implement department initiatives and strategic goals and work to support these goals. Near-term priorities will include:
• Develop and implement the publications and scientific communications strategy
• Support investigator-initiated/collaborative research
• Support life cycle initiatives for marketed products.
• Provide scientific support for Company’s global product strategies: Implement publication, meetings, scientific platform strategy in close collaboration with CSO and key internal stakeholders
• Manage lifecycle product initiatives with CSO, in collaboration with key company stakeholders (Marketing, Market Access, R&D)
• Serve as an expert for internal and external stakeholders based on a deep knowledge of literature and medical practice guidelines relevant to our portfolio.
• Stay abreast of evolving therapeutic landscape and literature.
• Draft abstracts, manuscripts, and/or presentations for scientific/ medical meetings
• Develop and execute publication strategies and product-specific Medical Affairs plans
• Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to finalize projects at established timelines
• Review investigator-initiated research proposals and monitor ongoing programs
• Develop relationships with KOLs consistent with the company's strategic goals
• Plan and facilitate Key Opinion Leader (KOL) advisory panels/congresses and educational programs
• Develop and/or contribute to execution of external advocacy plans and strategies in partnership with internal stakeholders; lead initiatives as appropriate.
Targeted candidate will combine the critical clinical/scientific knowledge (advanced degree expected, PhD preferred) with the demonstrated ability to lead a wide range of projects in a smart, thoughtful, innovative, results-driven and
pragmatic matter. Strong bkgd in medical writing, including abstracts and publications is assumed and required.
Other priorities include:
• Substantial knowledge of and contribution to drug development and life cycle management within the pharmaceutical industry
• Experience developing relationships with KOLs and Thought Leaders
• Rigorous analytical skill and intellectual curiosity
• Ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams to achieve shared goals
• Track record of impact and achievement
Further, we seek an influential communicator whose success is dependent on keen listening and the ability to ensure others feel heard. Finally, we seek a candidate who will thrive in an emerging business setting; someone who is excited to be part of a growing organization, will be flexible, adaptable and versatile and will bring the insights, ideas and initiative to help build a Best Practices Medical and Scientific Affairs team.
This is an immediate need and an important role. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.
Frankel Staffing Partners proudly recruits on behalf of premier employers in the Triangle (and beyond). We specialize in Office Support, Life Science and other Professional Services positions. To view our current openings, please visit our website at www.frankelstaffing.com.