NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: Clinical Scientist-Neuropsychologist, Neurocog Trials, Durham, NC
Durham, NC 27707 United States
Research and Development
VeraSci is a growing clinical trials company located in Durham, NC that combines innovative science and technology to advance and improve the clinical trials process for many leading pharmaceutical companies.
We are looking to fill a full-time PhD-level position for a neuropsychologist who will help lead studies for that assess clinical symptoms and cognition in CNS disorders. This individual will also assist in developing and validating new clinical and cognitive technologies, reviewing, analyzing and interpreting cognitive test data, and will oversee neurocognitive rater certification and data quality control for multi-site pharmaceutical company trials. These clinical trials usually involve a large meeting of investigators and testers who require certification. Some limited travel to US or international meetings is expected. Familiarity with clinical rating scales and cognitive assessment is essential.
• Doctoral degree in clinical psychology with neuropsychology emphasis
• Demonstrated experience (in clinical and/or research settings) in working with adult psychiatric or neurologic populations;
• Demonstrated experience in conducting assessments and administering scales within a clinical and/or research context.
• Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry, particularly CNS clinical trials, is valuable
• Clinical experience in conducting assessments and administering scales with adult psychiatric or neurologic populations
• Scientific background which includes strong research experience in the design and implementation of human studies in neurological and/or psychiatric disorders.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
• Ability to work effectively in a small team environment
Please submit resumes and salary requirements by return email.
(see job description above)
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center