Research and Development
NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: Research Associate - High Throughput Screening, Ribometrix, Durham, NC
Research Associate - High Throughput Screening
Durham, NC 27709 United States
Research and Development
Ribometrix is a platform therapeutics company discovering small molecule drugs that target functional 3D RNA structures to treat human diseases. Our main operations are located in the heart of Research Triangle Park in Durham, North Carolina.
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to join our Lead Discovery group in efforts to screen small molecules against RNA targets. This person will be part of a team that is responsible for high throughput screening, hit characterization, and compound profiling to support hit discovery and lead optimization efforts. They will collaborate extensively with other members of the Lead Discovery, Chemistry, and RNA Biology teams. An ideal candidate will have prior experience as a member of a team involved in drug discovery and screening or working with validated processes and procedures.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Developing, validating, and running high throughput screens for hit identification in support of our drug discovery pipeline
• Generating and tracking quality control data to identify any anomalies or trends that occur
• Attention to detail in a fast paced and ever-changing environment
• Ability to multitask and keep up with concurrent projects
• Daily recording of data and procedures into electronic lab notebook and LIMS
Requirements and Qualifications
• BS biochemistry or similar area
• Experience working in a biochemistry lab required
• Experience with high throughput screening and/or validated processes is desired
• Strong initiative, problem solving, desire to learn, attention to detail, ability to effectively organize and prioritize are required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, proactive communication skills, strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills, and an ability to work effectively across diverse and cross-functional teams is required.
• Experience with liquid handling automation is desired
• Experience working in drug discovery, especially in an industry setting preferred.
• Previous experience in a startup/entrepreneurial environment is a plus.
• A can-do attitude complemented with a willingness to help where needed
• Ability to work independently following detailed instructions
Your role is integral to helping us advance our RNA-small molecule drug discovery pipeline. Ribometrix offers excellent benefits and career development.
Recruiting Agencies, Please Note:
Ribometrix will not accept unsolicited assistance from recruiting/search agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by recruiting or search agencies to any employee at Ribometrix via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search/recruitment agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ribometrix. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ribometrix as a result of the referral or through other means.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center