Job: Director, Global Supply Chain (Sterile Products) – RTP Pharma/Top $$, Frankel Staffing Partners, RTP, NC
Our client, an established and expanding RTP-based pharmaceutical company, is actively recruiting for a very sharp and knowledgeable candidate to assume its Director of Global Supply Chain position
This is one of the fastest growing companies in the Triangle. Policies and practices of the past do not meet the needs of the future. We seek a candidate who brings the strategic, forward-thinking leader who can bring a Best Practices approach to its global Supply Chain efforts. Company will pay excellent wage to attract and retain a star.
Key things to note:
• This global company has a European manufacturing plant as well as CMOs in the US and abroad. Right candidate will have extensive experience leading Supply Chain for a global company with both internal and external manufacturers and distributors.
• These are sterile products needing cold chain distribution. Expertise in both will be important.
• This is an all-encompassing role requiring broad-based knowledge including demand planning, cost containment, negotiation, serialization, cold chain strategies, import/export knowledge, vendor oversight, etc. Seek skilled strategist and tactician.
• Company relies on complex Excel modeling for demand planning. Seek Expert Excel tactician who also brings the knowledge and ingenuity to develop and implement upgraded systems. SAP exposure would be valuable.
• This role will involve leading cross-functional teams and 3rd party vendors. Seek collaborator who has a history of developing positive, symbiotic relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
This Director will lead global manufacturing supply chain including supply-demand planning and coordination of contract manufacturing activities.
Specific responsibilities include:
o Drives the successful development and implementation of global supply chain strategy to include establishment of necessary company infrastructure, policies, procedures, and budgets
• Leads supply-demand planning and translation of company demand into commercial production plans for entire manufacturing network. Leads Global Sales and Operations Planning activities (S&OP) to ensure coordination of production plan across entire network.
• Develops complex models to evaluate manufacturing scenarios and develop risk mitigation strategies. Leverages automated platforms to streamline and optimize production and scenario planning models.
• Manages shelf life dating on all finished drug product and report on short dated, expired, or obsolete material.
o Leads supply-demand planning, coordination of manufacturing plans and defining risk mitigation strategies
o Works with Commercial, Manufacturing and Quality to ensure that adequate supply of product
o Ensures that backup manufacturing resources are in place to avoid failure of supply
o Partners with Company leadership to develop commercial launch plans for commercial products
o Negotiates agreements with 3rd party manufacturers and manages supplier’s performance against requirements
o Promotes best practices with respect to efficiency and cost containment.
o Defines and reports on Supply Chain metrics
o Leads projects designed to standardize, simplify, automate and continuously improve processes
o Implements corrective and preventive actions (CAPA) in the event of an incident or problem
o Ensures current DSCSA (serialization) requirements are in place, and aligned with serialization strategy
o Responsible for ensuring import/export of product between USA and ROW in compliance with all regulations
o Ensures all necessary carriers, shipping containers, temperature controls, shipping studies and monitoring devices are in place and validated to support cold chain distribution of product
Ideal candidate will offer a related degree and 10+ years of increasingly responsible roles in global pharmaceutical supply chain management including substantial experience with sterile products. Other priorities include:
• Exceptional Excel modeling skills
• Substantial experience directing the work of CMOs
• Knowledge of product serialization requirements for the US and ROW
• Knowledge of cold chain distribution requirements and best practices
• Knowledge of ERP/MRP computerized control systems, inventory control methods, and distribution standard operating procedures with respect to US and ROW operations
• Experience implementing Supply Agreements and managing commercial production/ distribution with external suppliers.
• Extensive experience with worldwide distribution including import/export regulations and strategies.
• Outstanding project management and team leadership skills
Finally and critically, we seek a candidate who will thrive in this emerging setting. A process improvement-focused candidate who enjoys developing the blueprint for a growing operation. The future is very bright. We seek a candidate who will contribute and thrive.
Compensation will be generous and include an industry-leading base, bonus and benefits. Local candidates targeted.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.
Frankel Staffing Partners proudly recruits on behalf of premier employers in the Triangle (and beyond). We specialize in Office Support, Life Science and other Professional Services positions. To view our current openings, please visit our website at www.frankelstaffing.com.