Job: Supply Chain Specialist III, Foundation Medicine, Morrisville, NC
ABOUT FOUNDATION MEDICINE
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea-to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Specialist III, Supply Chain is responsible for executing and troubleshooting daily incoming workflow of reagents and consumables inventory for FMI's regulated laboratory operations, including receiving, quarantine, storage and distribution. The role encompasses all regulated and non-regulated supplies, inbound and outbound package management, and general housekeeping of FMI's loading dock and storerooms. The Specialist III uses advanced knowledge of the supply chain to take action that prevents stock outs and ensures adherence to all regulations and monitors accuracy of all inventory transactions.
1st and 2nd shift positions available, this position also requires 1 weekend day
• Perform daily receiving, inventory, sample management and handling of Non-Good Manufacturing Practice (non-GMP) packages.
o Scan packages into Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and deliver samples to the accessioning laboratory.
o Register new materials into the LIMS system.
o Timely record inventory receipts, transfers, goods issues within Maximo.
o Fulfill requests to customer groups in accordance with established timelines to support optimal lab processing.
o Deliver Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) inventory to stockrooms daily using established minimart locations.
o Count inventory per an established schedule.
• Monitor the supply chain daily for deficiencies and use advanced knowledge of the supply chain to take action that prevents stock outs.
• Support maintenance of accurate inventory spreadsheets of regulated supplies.
• Create requisitions for expense orders in Paramount and Microsoft Dynamics GP on behalf of lab groups.
• Support stockroom organization by utilizing 5S Methodology and first in, first out (FIFO) principles.
• Adhere to established Facilities Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and to FIFO for inventory, health, safety, and waste stream disposal.
• Ensure that work conducted within the supply chain is completed accurately and in compliance with GMP, Quality System Regulations (QSR), and Certified Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) requirements.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree.
• 2+ years of inventory, material management, or supply chain experience.
• 2+ year(s) of working in the pharmaceutical or molecular technology industries.
• Requires the ability to lift 25 pounds.
• Able to work in a laboratory environment in the presence of chemicals and reagents.
• Competency with an inventory and material management system.
• 2+ years of shipping and receiving experience, including in Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) validated environments.
• Established competency in Inventory and Material Management or similar systems.
• Excellent interpersonal skills that include effective written and oral communication, collaboration, and problem solving.
• Demonstrated attention to detail and high level of organizational skill.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to adapt to changing procedures, policies and work environment.
• Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor.
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI's EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement . If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form . (EOE/AAP Employer)
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/hxvrc3875pt3w3vg