NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: Quality Control Chemist, CMP Pharma, Inc., Farmville, NC
Quality Control Chemist
Farmville, NC 27828 United States
1. Follows all regulatory guidelines, cGMP guidelines, Environmental Health and Safety regulations as required by the job function.
2. Conduct analytical tests, routine and non-routine testing, for chromatographic and spectrophotometric methods of analysis in support of finished drug product, raw materials, and stability following specific protocols. Testing can include but is not limited to assays (potencies, related substances, residual solvents, metals, etc.), rate of release (dissolution), moisture, identification, and other various wet chemistry based measurements. HPLC and/or GC based methods are commonly employed along with titrations, UV and IR.
3. Set up, troubleshoot and maintain equipment.
4. Prepare samples in accordance with standard operating procedures.
5. Provide timely and high-quality data reports that document test results.
6. Recheck out-of-specification results, using alternative methods if necessary.
7. Test products for long-term stability or stability under various conditions.
• BA/BS in Chemistry with 1+ years of experience in a pharmaceutical analytical laboratory
• 2 year degree in science related field with 3+ years of experience in a pharmaceutical analytical laboratory
• Must be able to work independently and organize workload
• Must be able to properly evaluate and interpret analytical data
• Strong verbal and written communication skills a must
• Working knowledge of HPLC, GC, and wet chemistry techniques
• Report and protocol writing skills a plus
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center