Research and Development
NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Tavros Therapeutics, Inc., Durham, NC
Research Associate/Senior Research Associate
Durham, NC 27701 United States
Research and Development
Tavros Therapeutics, Inc. is an emerging biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing novel therapies for cancer. We believe that we can make a positive impact by discovering innovative cancer therapies, targets and approaches through uncovering unique vulnerabilities within the tumor. The company is located in downtown Durham, North Carolina.
We are seeking an exceptional and highly motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate with a strong background in molecular and cellular biology to join our growing team. The successful candidate will join a team devoted to understanding the genetic determinants of drug sensitivity and advancing our discovery platform technology and small molecule pipeline. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a startup and to contribute to the growth of a young company while contributing to all aspects of the drug discovery and development process. We are looking for intrinsically motivated people who are driven to make a real difference in the lives of cancer patients.
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Design and implementation of experiments to understand drug mechanism of action
• Conduct large-scale cell culture experiments with small molecules
• Successfully deploy CRISPR/Cas9 and RNAi techniques to perturb the genome and transcriptome
• Maintain exceptional scientific records of projects and experiments
• Manage projects to ensure timelines, outcomes and budgets are met
• The ideal candidate may also serve as lab manager to coordinate lab operations, streamline processes and write and maintain SOPs
• BS/MS in a relevant scientific field with 2-4+ years of hands-on laboratory experience; industry experience preferred
• Experience working across teams on projects is preferred
• Demonstrated ability to work proficiently and maintain deadlines
• Must be detail oriented, able to think critically about technical aspects of experiments and demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proficient in molecular and cellular biology techniques such as cloning, PCR, RNA/DNA isolation and sequencing
• Extensive experience with mammalian cell culture required
• Experience with qPCR, western blotting and flow cytometry
• CRISPR, shRNA, and/or siRNA experience is desired
• Familiarity with genomic sequencing and functional genomic techniques
• Experience working with small molecule drug discovery
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center